Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Cheap Wireless Alert

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by sliberty, Oct 18, 2018.

1. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
  2. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Will it plug into the recessed jack on a Tele?

3. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Yes, and the angled socket of a Strat too.

4. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    99 not 33

Or am I missing a promo code?

5. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    ****, it may have ended. I see $99 now too. He who hesitates....

6. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    It’s working again at $33. I just ordered a set. It says 12 days to go.

7. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI

me too! :cool: thanks for the heads up!

galaxiex likes this.
  8. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2004
    They also have one at $28

9. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I saw that one too but have no experience with it. In fact I’ve never heard of it, although now I see that Amazon has it too ($38)

10. darren7

darren7 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2009
    Toronto
    I’m really surprised how readily people here on TDP seem to buy cheap stuff from China. They have a horrible record on intellectual property, labour practices, and the environment. Our addiction to cheap goods is filling our landfills and our oceans with plastic and electronic waste, and workers are living in slum-like dormitory conditions while they work 12-18 hour days.

Save up a bit. Buy something a bit nicer that might last a bit longer. It might still be made in China, but a tier-1 manufacturer is probably going to be building things they designed themselves, and the quality and support will be better than goods from many of these off-brand Chinese companies.

11. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Way off topic. Start a new thread, and i’ll respond there

Doctorx33 likes this.
  12. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    I caved.

tce63 likes this.
  13. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
  14. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I have several wireless systems, and have tried one or two others that I no longer own. Yes, the more expensive systems are very reliable. Yes, these inexpensive types are less reliable. No surprises there. But not everyone wants to spend big money to replace a $20 cable for some convenience.

My main wireless system consists of a Line 6 G30 from my guitar to my pedalboard, and a Boss WL-20 from my pedalboard to my amp. I mostly have zero issues with this arrangement - on a rare occasion, there might be some minor dropouts, but thats very rare. The Line 6 receiver is a permanent fixture on that pedalboard. So when I use my smaller board, I use the Boss from guitar to pedalboard, and I use one of these Rowin systems from pedalboard to amp. I prefer to be totally wireless rather than half wireless as you can see. And no, the combined latency is not noticeable at all.

[I am so wireless, that I don't even use an A/C power supply for my board. I run a large battery pack instead which sits nicely under the board where a power supply might have gone.]

As I said initially - the Rowin isn't perfectly bulletproof. At home, and at my rehearsal and jam room, it's pretty darn good though. But, in some environments, there is just too much RF going on for the Rowin to remain dropout-less. But for $33, that's a pretty good value proposition.

If you make real money playing guitar, and don't need the bargain, buy something better. At $179, the Boss is very good. At $250, the Line 6 is very good. And at $450, the Shure GLXD-16 is nearly perfect (although my bass player has one, and has had some occasional dropouts with it too - none of the consumer wireless systems will be absolutely perfect everywhere.

Take this Rowin deal for what it is worth. It may or may not be for you.

Note - even though I have one already, for which I paid $100, I bought a second one through this $33 deal.

tce63 likes this.
  15. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden

Just ordered one set, will be fun to test , thanks for the tip :)

16. tce63

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    I ordered 2 sets and they were in Sweden already after 10 days.

Have so far used it at home, works without problems, at least 10 meters without dropping signal, have played at least 5 hours and the batteries are still half.

Haven't noticed any difference in quality of sound against using cable yet....................

but that´s me.

Really nice product

[​IMG]

17. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    That’s great to hear.

Here is a little tip. If you don’t love the dongle sticking out of your guitar, buy the following:

Female to female 1/4” coupler
    Short 1/4” instrument cable
    Body pack pouch

Put the pouch on your guitar strap with the Rowin inside, 1/4 plug sticking out (you may need to make a hole in the pouch). Run the cable from your guitar to the coupler and connect to the Rowin. Now your guitar has just a cable attached like usual, but you are still wireless to you next device (amp or pedals).

tce63 likes this.
  18. tce63

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden

Great idea, i will test it :)

19. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Just got mine, off to practice and will check it out!

tce63 likes this.
  20. tce63

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden

Have used my set a few days now, Have not need to charge it any more, maybe 6 hours total playing time, works really great so far :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.