Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Cheap but good tele bodies?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by butlerdidit, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    @NothingGoatboat got right with GFS. They fit a neck perfectly and hold a body without screws.
    I wouldn't go to the Stratosphere as I heard he pulls any Fender apart and sells it in pieces to maximize profit.

NothingGoatboat likes this.
  2. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson

[WARNING: Mild rant follows that implies no offense to Mr. Tonetele - apologies in advance, mate, if any is taken!]

What's wrong with that? It makes available parts that Fender doesn't necessarily sell at retail for those who need just that part. Everything we buy is being sold with the intent of maximizing profit (overall, sometimes through large volume at small individual profit) - anything else would be foolish on the part of the seller. Any seller. Of any thing. The irony is every seller trying to do that on their own is what keeps prices near their lowest - that economics is weird stuff.

I love old hand planes and feel regretful that, since it is the best way to maximize profit, some folks will find an old gem, and take it apart and sell the individual parts. In my mind this seems disrespectful to a 100 year old tool with all it's been through. But even then I can't blame the seller. And the guy with the same (for example) Stanley #4 1/2 Type 6 Bedrock with the cracked sole is ecstatic that this seller exists, since it let's him make his own "whole" again.

I'd find it hard to get at all emotional about disassembling Fender new factory production into parts to sell. Heck, I was on the site yesterday and saw a complete Triple Tele electronics set for $199. That's a fair price for three Custom Shop NoCaster bridge pickups, a custom, unique pickguard, and a complete wiring harness. I got my Fidel'itrons going into the La Cab I'm building from the same site and they were a bargain.

Sorry for the rant - no offense to Tonetele, but business is business and IMO the Stratoshpere actually provides a good service to the marketplace.

Cheers,
    Rex

3. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    @TRexF16 I understand and appreciate your comments nut I would have made those comments private through the Conversations option.
    I can even agree with some of your points but would have made such a statement as yours, private.That avenue , Conversations, would allow me to elaborate and I was not being emotional.
    The history of that company, Stratoshere, is not as it seems now. A conversational discussion would've allowed me a proper response.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.