Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Changing bridge from AM Std to Vintage?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Twang Guitars, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Twang Guitars

Twang Guitars Tele-Meister

Apr 14, 2010
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Changing bridge from AM Std to Vintage? Will this work just by plug and drill the body for 4 hole mounting? or is there a distance issue from stings through holes and pickup position?
    Thanks for your help.
    Jon

2. space cadet

space cadet TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Texas
    yes string through holes are different.

3. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2008
    Chico Ca
    Also the pickup route is in a slightly different location.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

Dec 17, 2008
    Woodsfield, OH
    Joe barden, glendale guitars, and callaham guitars sell conversion bridges to make american standard into 3 saddle

6. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

This.

7. DonMI6

DonMI6 Tele-Holic

Jan 5, 2012
    Maitland, Australia
    I put one on my 2011 American Standard. You can see from the photo that it sits very close to the pickguard in order for the string through holes to line up. What you can't see is that about half of the old, plugged holes are visible at the back of the bridge.

This is a CS Texas Special pickup with a baseplate on it. It's a tight fit in the route, but it does fit.

Attached Files:

8. terrybellcountr

terrybellcountr Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2009
    Sweden
    So true. Look up these guy's websites and you'll find good bridges. They are longer than the "classic 3 saddle brige". But if you play the guitar and just don't have it for show-off there is no difference.
    Don't start drilling new holes in the guitar.
    I have installed both Glendales and Callahams. I prefer the Glendale.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.