Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Chance opportunity 2017 Tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Cesspit, Nov 17, 2016.

1. ponce

ponce Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2011
    Croatia
    So Standard became Pro. What are the improvements?

2. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Meister

Feb 20, 2011
    Lansing, Michigan
    New pickups (V-Mods), vintage style bridge w/compensated saddles, satin finish on the neck. Great guitars, I love mine!

The American Deluxe Tele is now the American Elite.

Check them out online, tons of info.

3. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Feb 28, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    Oh well, as a PSA I'll list what got my interest. As a regular CL window shopper (4 of them in NJ) I saw this, the 3 saddle bridge jumped out at me. I wasn't expecting one on a replacement for the Am Std. Then learned about the fatter neck etc. But I'm in downsize mode, this looks like a nice deal if anyone is local, if I were looking I'd be checking it out. No affiliations of course.
    https://southjersey.craigslist.org/msg/d/2017-fender-american/6318801843.html

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    ^^^I'd be all over that if I was local.

5. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I like the pickups, and with the treble bleed mod you can get endless tones.

6. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Feb 28, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    Yup, I look at CL on a regular basis and there is a lot of crap for sure but some possible jems pop up on a regular basis. That's how I got my 2011 Am Std Tele (Blizzard Pearl with a RW board) around 2012 or so. Original owner pretty much unplayed and about $700. I also have other Teles with vintage bridges.

If that one I linked had a RW board and Olympic White finish I would be unable to resist. I have my Am Std set where I like it ..installed a 4 way switch and CS Texas Special in the bridge position. My only complaint is the long saddle adjustment screws, they are an odd ball size and pretty much unobtainable in a shorter length. If you don't use the micro tilt, they stand pretty high. I've considered grinding them down but have not been motivated to invest the time and trouble.

How high are the frets on the new Pro? As high as the old Tele Specials? I like mediums or low. Pretty cool Fender gave us a fatter neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.