Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Chance opportunity 2017 Tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Cesspit, Nov 17, 2016.

1. wineocaster

wineocaster TDPRI Member

May 1, 2011
    Kelowna
    Here it is at the shop. I'll get other pics soon. AJ Love, when I get a minute I will check the thickness against one of my vintage bridges and advise.

One other thing to note is the headstock now says Corona, CA instead of Made in USA.

[​IMG]

2. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    We're talking about that in a couple of threads over on Strat-Talk - that's due to the new California product labeling law that mandates that 95% of the good's wholesale value is USA content to be labeled "Made in USA" if it's produced in the state. Of course since Fender imports the raw wood, and uses tuners, switches, pots, etc. sourced from outside the USA they can't meet that criteria any more.

Fender had already dropped the "Made in USA" decal from the American Elites - only the first batches that were made in late 2015 had the "Made in USA" on the back of the headstock under the serial number. EBMM changed their decal earlier this year, and Schecter did as well for their USA Custom Shop items. And I believe G&L has finally done this as well - I spotted a post over on guitarsbyleo.com that mentioned they had stopped using the little metal plates for their serial numbers and switched back to waterslide decals under the finish in late September/early October. The little plates said they were made in Fullerton, CA, USA - while they haven't said why they changed back to decals I suspect that is the reason.

adamajah likes this.

3. elyuyi

elyuyi Tele-Meister

Feb 13, 2011
    San Juan, PR
    [​IMG]

They can still use American as a model. Just not the US part.

janea69 and Frito-Man like this.

4. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2013
    Essex UK
    Where's the bridge cover of which cesspit speaks?

5. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

Sep 19, 2011
    Portland, Maine
    Is the bridge cover a mini ashtray? Seems like that is a reaction to complaints about getting stabbed by the adjustment screws

6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    .UK
    Love that colour! Looks like 2017 will be expensive for me.

7. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 11, 2010
    Montana
    I would put a white pearloid pickguard on it.

8. wineocaster

wineocaster TDPRI Member

May 1, 2011
    Kelowna
    I finally pulled out the micrometer and measured the thickness of the bridge. It is about 5 thou heavier than the bridge on my CS Nocaster. The guitar has plenty of sparkle and spank but not overly bright. A very balanced tone. Not sure if the bridge has anything to do with that but I'd be interested if Fender made a version that could replace the previous American Standard bridge.

AJ Love likes this.

9. billiemorini

billiemorini Tele-Meister

cesspit,
    am happy you had this experience. Also happy you shared it on our forum. Stuff like this happens all the time in California, especially near Los Angeles. Folks here take it all for granted. Your experience is truly memorable.
    billie
    santa barbara, california

10. WindowSills

WindowSills TDPRI Member

May 7, 2011
    Chicago
    American Pro line is now on Fender's website and the guitars are showing on websites like CME and Sweetwater.

11. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Looks like today is the "soft launch" for them - going live on their website and officially on dealer sites ahead of an official launch at tge NAMM show next month.

12. WindowSills

WindowSills TDPRI Member

May 7, 2011
    Chicago
    Noticed in Fender's Mod Shop email (last week?) they were showing a traditional style body, which is not an option. I wonder if the Mod Shop will use up American Standard bodies and then switch to the more traditional setup used on the Am Pros.

mildwild and grguitar like this.

13. adamajah

adamajah TDPRI Member

Nov 12, 2015
    out west
    "Soft launch", and already "sold out" of tele's in sonic grey... :eek:

14. wineocaster

wineocaster TDPRI Member

May 1, 2011
    Kelowna
    Just saw this on YouTube.

fender68, El Tele Lobo and adamajah like this.

15. Cesspit

Cesspit Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2014
    Oxfordshire England
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was just pleased to see one of the first in the UK, but really pleased to create what now appears to be an interesting thread.

billiemorini likes this.

16. euro

euro Tele-Holic

Apr 30, 2014
    Lyon
    I missed this thread and started one asking if anyone had tried a 2017 Pro Tele. Sorry about that!

The one I tried on Saturday was an outstanding example, and I should have bought it right then and there. I waited one day to think about it, and as expected, it was sold.

However, the salesman told me the guy who bought it never has kept any guitar he ever bought from them and it should be back within a week, so I left my tel number just in case.
    It was a butterscotch blackguard. I am not concerned about the color as everything else I wanted on this guitar was perfect. I blame myself for hesitating.

This is the first year I can remember where every aspect of the body build was what I would want from the custom shop. While I'm not thrilled terribly about the color choices, I figured that I cannot have everything.

stratoman1 and mildwild like this.

17. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va
    I plunked on one a few days ago. I got my 2016 about a month ago even though I really couldn't afford it because I wasn't sure how much of a change there was going to be on the neck I liked so much.

The shape was barely noticeable but it was the frets I was nervous about. As it turned out, no big deal. They weren't like my SG or anything, which was what I was afraid of

But I did save about 300 dollars so that was good

18. archetype

archetype More tone than talent Ad Free + Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    I'd think there's potential for a bit less twang with the bridge sides cut down and the front corners screwed to the body. IMHO you only screw the corners down if the bridge is causing feedback from resonating.

19. fender68

fender68 TDPRI Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Farmington,Mo.
    Amen to that!!

20. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Feb 28, 2010
    Jersey Shore
    Reviving this old thread, had heard about the new Professional Strats, had assumed the Teles would be like the previous Am Std Teles regarding bridges etc, saw one today and wow..brass saddles..compensated no less. And a fatter neck and no more belly cut. Very interesting. I had no idea.

How do you guys like the pickups?

I love the one with the RW neck in Olympic White/ green guard. I have not had Tele GAS in a while, thought I was all set, actually sold a few. The only thing that might hold me back are the frets. Are they as high as the old Tele Specials? I'm almost hoping they are so I'll lose some GAS.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.