Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Chainsaw problem

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HotRodSteve, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    Yeah....I speak from experience....lol. been there done that. Even tho I could probably fix it. I let them do it while I play music....;)

2. I run regular gasoline, mixed with a wee bit more 2-cycle oil than specified, and Seafoam, and I let my Echo chainsaw and weed wacker sit for up to a year at a time. They still always start with three pulls. Seafoam is magic. It keeps my motorcycle perfomance top notch too.

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Ethanol will go to work on a lot of different types of rubber used in gaskets and fuel lines. This was a problem for a lot of older cars when ethanol winter blends started showing up 20 or so years ago. Ethanol also binds water, so the longer it sits without a fuel stabilizer, the more that gas will grab moisture from the air and foul the gas.

haggardfan1 likes this.

4. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    If you can't start it, use carb cleaner to clean off the carb and the gas filter inside the fuel tank and be sure to spray some inside the little hose that goes from the tank to the carb. I've done this many times. Also if you have a spark arrestor on the muffler, take it off before you start it. This has been the problem for many a cutter. I have seen people replace the carb and the electronics and it was because the spark arrestor screen was clogged.

5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    It's been 4 months. If Steve doesn't get his saw running soon some silver tongued devil with a working saw will stroll through the neighborhood and steal his woman!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.