Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Celebrities don’t stay famous long

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ribsspare, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM.

1. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Lindsay Lohan is running a very hot night club these days I believe in Malta. Someone else owns the club I believe and they use her as celebrity bait to get big money customers in there. Pretty sure there’s a TV show coming about her and the club.

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I still can't think straight after finding out Phil Robertson (of Duck Dynasty and some other ad campaigns) is worth $15 million.

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Takes all kinds to make a world, BigDaddy.

4. BigDaddyLH

Sartre wuz right.

[​IMG]

5. elihu

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
  6. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    On DVD?

7. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    Did you ever spend a night in the Paris Hilton?

8. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    No. I like her really because of her personality. She seems like a nice person

9. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2018
    next to the burn zone
    Aren't we all just,,, temporary?

getbent likes this.
  10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I think he had a bunch of cash before his 'fame'... that entire family is wired in down there... most of that show was... a show.

11. elihu

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Phil was supposedly a helluva football player as per Terry Bradshaw. At Louisiana Tech Phil was the starter and Terry the backup. But hunting was always his thing and after earning his Masters in Education he whittled his own duck call and formed his own company to sell 'em. Ain't that America?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM
  12. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2018
    next to the burn zone
    I read years ago that there are two kinds of performance gigs.

One caters to the current trends in popular music and the other called a "solid product" that remain in a low key popular state forever.

Paris Hilton and Britteny Spears fed on the popularity of the times where classical, jazz standards, and the lucky rock stars that will always be timeless. From What A Wonderful World to Blowing In The Wind to In My Life, timeless.

I am not into fast food music unless I hear a potential timeless song.

13. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

that's hot.

14. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    EVERYthing you see on "programming" is a lie.

That is, except reruns of Star Trek.

The real one.

With Kirk.

15. BigDaddyLH

I knew it! At least I'm forewarned about them green space wimmin.

16. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Also, armed with the Liar Paradox, you're prepared for the AI Singularity.

Provided THEY haven't seen that episode...

17. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Unfortunately its a problem I will never have.

But thats okay. Whenever I think of celebrities I think of the shallow snobby pompous city dwellers in The Hunger Games who value costumes and pomp over basic human decency. So disconnected from real life yet incredibly full of self importance. I dont think I would fit in.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:42 PM
  18. BigDaddyLH

I can always get them to compute the digits of pi.

19. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    It can be that way. I've got a celebrity friend who retired from show biz to Naples, Florida. He says in Naples everybody was once somebody, and so...nobody even cares!

20. Guitarzan

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    But at least he had a shop and made and sold things under the Duck Commander brand before he was on a TV show, and provided breadwinner jobs to people. Personally, I never cared that much for his calls and products, I used better alternatives in the marketplace. His thing was figuring out how to select and work the right plastic polymers to make everyman calls and distribute them widely. His plastic calls were intended to be an alternative to wood or acrylic; they do not absorb water and become difficult to work or stop working like wood calls and they are cheaper than acrylic calls, so still an everyman call. DC was in big sporting goods stores and mass merchandisers like Wally mart.

The reality show generated a licensing bonanza. In addition, that silly show, along with google earth and other intermess maps, made life less safe for the N. American waterfowl population. It drew in a lot of young little rednecks and made trespassers of them everywhere.

getbent likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.