Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Celebrities don’t stay famous long

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ribsspare, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Just passing thru
    c5ef34b7bafde06ce77e52b75948cfab.jpg

Oh no, it's a Tele . .

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2016
    Peabody, MA
    Paris Hilton was never a celebrity, she's just a spoiled brat that has a lot of family money. This is a youth oriented society so once anyone hits 50, they're not considered hot anymore, with very rare exceptions but the press is no longer obsessed with them.

3. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2016
    Amsterdam
    By far most of these celebrities are famous only because they're famous. To keep up you do need to have some talent at something. Or you need a thick wad of cash. Lingerie, sports apparel or makeup lines can only carry you so far. Thankfully.

4. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2016
    Amsterdam
    Somehow it seems appropriate that Seagal is being documented on History channel :p

5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Fame is fleeting... you are only at the top for relatively short time. There are rare exceptions to this rule, but for most that is how it works.
    There is a famous saying that holds true.. "Be nice to the people you meet on the way up because you're going to see them again on your way back down".

As for your samples, why is Paris in the list? That is the classic "15 minutes of fame"...

6. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    I figure that there is a 10% turnover in the population every year .

7. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    I remember when some of the “celebrities” (including the aforementioned) started complaining about lack of privacy, harassment from paparazzi and stalkers. None of them took my advice...

Take your money, buy some modest clothes, move to a smaller city somewhere in the Midwest or the south, ride out the initial, “She moved where?” wave of attention, and pretty soon, nobody will be bothering you.

...and then you’ll be mad they’re ignoring you!

Wildcard_35, Flakey and nojazzhere like this.
  8. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    That just might work. When Jewel married Ty Murray and settled down in Stephenville Texas I didn't hear a peep from her...until their divorce.

Fiesta Red likes this.
  9. d barham

d barham Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2018
    Halfway, MO
    When I get to feeling like I'm just another face lost in the crowd, I just pick up a big round bale of hay withy feed truck and head out for the pasture. The cows love me. Im famous in my field.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I guess I reject the OP's thesis. Last night a SUPER OLD Bob Newhart (who won a grammy in 1961) was a presenter... on Diana Ross' 75th birthday she had a huge part and sang on the show... and in the section where this years passings are celebrated, a nice picture of Harold Bradley was prominent. Granted, people's careers are curtailed or they retire... but there are lots of Helen Mirren's still around... People are still around and still working... just maybe not the same way as we remember... heck, john beland just toured around here and he has been around since the 60's... Paris Hilton, btw, is doing really well business wise... and has settle down... just like most of us.

kelnet and Wildcard_35 like this.
  11. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    if it wasnt for the OJ trial we wouldnt be in this kardashian mess

12. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    "I remember back around in the early 2000s, there was so much news about Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears. Now it’s as if they don’t exist."

You should get out more. Spears is worth about a $215M these days after a very successful Las Vegas residency. Hilton has turned out to be quite the businesswoman and is now worth an estimated $300M. They just don't hang out in your world apparently.

13. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    I wish they did hang out in my world. I like them

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Her brain?

15. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Here's a full frontal of Paris Hilton:

a2b81078e32aa6790bae6a4cfef0e8e3.jpg

Paul in Colorado and tery like this.
  16. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

they used to have conrad hilton's biography in the drawer of the hilton hotels... I stayed in one in El Paso years ago and took the book with me... what a fascinating and surprising story.

17. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    There's a word for women who make money that way, and the current, somewhat more polite term is "Thots" :lol:

...speaking of, has anyone heard any "news" about Lindsey Lohan lately?

18. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Which celebrities are you referring to in this post? Howard Stern is one of the most recognizable people on the planet. Britney Spears gets followed by paparazzi wherever she goes, and still has millions of fans. She's not less recognizable that she was when she started.

And how do you know that they're happier?

19. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    Where is Liza Minelli, anyway?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.