Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Celebrities don’t stay famous long

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ribsspare, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    I remember back around in the early 2000s, there was so much news about Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears. Now it’s as if they don’t exist.

Even with male celebrities too like Chevy Chase, Howard Stern, Etc...

Maybe it’s a good thing because these celebrities can enjoy being almost anonymous and unrecognized when going out to restaurants and blend in the real world again like how they did before they got famous.

It’s sort of like a pleasant way of returning to the real world.

chemobrain likes this.
  2. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    Hey, Chevy Chase has a new movie out with Richard Dreyfus!

ZackyDog likes this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    They are usually featured in a TMZ where are they now video at some point. Usually looking burnt out or in a compromising position that's probably been set up.

I wouldn't want to be a well known celeb these days. The media driven public outrage level over real or fabricated things is too high.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    bgmacaw likes this.
  4. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    Sometimes, they become unrecognizable with significant weight gain. Which can be good if they want to remain anonymous looking

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    True but chances are you just end up being publicly shamed for the natural aging process or scary looking surgical attempts at reversing it.

6. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    It must be traumatizing if your were famous for your youthful cute beauty.

Then years later, you go to the supermarket and see morbid near death photos of you without your toupee on the National Inquirer or some tabloid supermarket magazine

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. Chunkocaster

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    It must be, im not famous but I still get a rude shock seeing a pic of myself these days if more than 10 years have past.

8. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2016
    Australia
    I don't know about you but I still watch Paris Hilton.

Dismalhead likes this.
  9. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    I actually like Paris Hilton

Dismalhead likes this.
  10. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I have to wonder how many of them would be celebrities if daytime talk shows stopped talking about them. The shows and the individuals seem to feed off each other.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  11. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Howard Stern still has a radio show but it's just a shadow of it's mid-1990's greatness.

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    They're not forgotten. Some random guy on a guitar forum just started a thread about them.

teleman1, drewcp, SheldonP and 3 others like this.
  13. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Holic

Nov 14, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Some of the people you listed have had long, enduring careers. Howard Stern didn't last long? What?

Wildcard_35, drewcp and kelnet like this.
  14. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Sacramento, California
    I like parts of her.

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Howard still gets paid obscene amounts of money by Sirius and has a dedicated listenership and is celebrated for his recent evolved interview style.

Britney Spears is paid obscene amounts of money in Vegas and plays as many shows as she wants . Those residencies are cash cows.

The other two ? Chevy’s cranky and pretty done and Paris is still an heiress so she’s probably fine.

Wildcard_35 and drewcp like this.
  16. Ribsspare

Ribsspare Tele-Meister

Aug 26, 2011
    East Coast
    Those celebrities are doing well and I think they’re happier since they in likelihood don’t get recognized in public anymore or much less. It’s like a good balance

drewcp likes this.
  17. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Just passing thru
    Just did a quick web search for all four names — people are still writing "news" about them. I guess they're still famous for someone.

The New Zealand Herald, for example, carries the headline: What happened to Chevy Chase? :D

To be fair, Chevy Chase had a pretty long showbiz career, and he's now 75. Do you think he plays a Tele?

18. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    the cult of celebrity is only interesting if the person has done some thing really cool , like Beatles Maria Callas the Marx brother then there the freeze dried crao from the dollar store ,, just another tasteless means of having a snack and getting peoples money.

19. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    There's different types of celebrity, IMO.

There's those who have worked to learn a craft and earned their success - whether it's acting, singing or something else entirely that has made the world a better place. Theirs may have only been the proverbial "15 minutes of fame" or they may have been famous for decades. These people I respect.

The other sort are the ones who are just famous for being famous (on infamous). They may have married someone who is famous or been born into a high-profile family. Good luck to them but these are the ones in which I have zero interest.

20. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2010
    Yorkshire
    And realise that you have turned into Steven Seagal...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.