Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Cavalier Tele Pickups!!!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by roknfnrol, Jul 8, 2016.

1. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    Ordered a twin bridge pick up today from rob. A Nashville to maintain some tele authenticity and a huge lion to give it some more variability! Judging by how efficient rob is, it may arrive before I get home in a few weeks time!

Bruxist likes this.
  2. Amby

Amby Tele-Holic

I've had a 51/52 installed for exactly a year now and still lovin' it. As it's lightly potted, I love the slightly microphonic click when you switch to bridge!

SPUDCASTER and Bruxist like this.
  3. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    A Bakersfield + bridge and a lower wound A3 Lion King neck pickup totally transformed what
    was previously a lifeless guitar. I've never cared much for the middle position, I'm a neck or bridge guy. But the combo
    position with this set sounds beautiful. Not too clucky.

rich815, SPUDCASTER and Bruxist like this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    I didn’t know Rob offered a Lion King with A3 magnets.

5. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Didn't either. But Rob will probably customize his line within reason. Maybe?

Seems like he sticks with the A3's and 5's. At least for the single coils.

Looks like the Strat and Phoenix are by request now. I don't see them on the website anymore.

Getting ready to order another 51/52 and some 50's Strat winds for a new project. Need to talk to Rob first though with his thoughts on the 50's.

Just looking for a little different flavor than the Nashville set he made for me.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    I requested an A3 because the regular A5 Lion King I previously had was just a bit
    too bell like for me. I wanted something just a tad more softer sounding.

Bruxist and El Tele Lobo like this.
  7. Praxis

Praxis Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2007
    Out There
    I've hit Rob up with a few "custom" requests, and he's been very accommodating. He's also not afraid to tell me when one of my "totally awesome ideas" isn't worth pursuing. ;)

8. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    Ordered... two day later pickup on its way ... us all the way to Melbourne... can’t wait.

9. El Tele Lobo

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Which one did you settle on?

EuroBailey likes this.
  10. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    Ordered a twin bridge - Nashville and huge lion. :)

RLee77 likes this.
  11. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I have one of those, for a build I’m still working on, so I haven’t heard it in action yet.

EuroBailey likes this.
  12. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    I’m pretty sure it will arrive before I get home so im about three weeks from trying it out :)

13. El Tele Lobo

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    I was thinking Hydra for an upcoming Esquire build, but I'm leaning more toward Twin also...probably Humongous/Nashville. Hard to beat the Nashville...have one in my number one with a Lion King.

The other options is just going for a 51/52 with no switch...decisions, decisions...

Rob winds great pickups.

14. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    I've got his pickups in four of my teles. My favorites are the Nashville/Lion king set in my AV '58 tele and the Twin lion in my Esquire, that one is Nashville/Huge. I really enjoy the Huge lion. Not too hot, still keeps a little "twang" but sounds nice and thick and I don't have to roll the tone as much.

15. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    I think so, although they all have their own thing going on. My advise, if you're unsure, to to try and match the amp and effects you use.

El Tele Lobo and Bruxist like this.
  16. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    My pal, Jacob, recently installed some Cavalier in his tele. Check it out:

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  17. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Aug 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Here’s the tele I put it in. Highway one body with a MJT Musikraft neck. DiMarzio True Velvet neck pickup compliments the Cavalier 51/52 bridge pup very nicely too...

[​IMG]

18. El Tele Lobo

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    That’s a nice looking Tele, Rich.

rich815 likes this.
  19. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    IMG_7386.JPG

So this arrived today :)
    I ordered this around 6 weeks ago and the package was lost by USPS (it still says your item is on its way). Rob kindly sent another pickup very quickly and it’s arrived in Australia this morning. Now to try and see if my local guitar tech can fit it before Xmas!

20. El Tele Lobo

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Nice...which one did you get?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.