Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Cavalier pickup Customer Service

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by arablue, May 22, 2017.

1. arablue

arablue TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2009
    kentucky
    I just wanted to relay a story that I thought was indicative of Mr DiStefano's character. I bought a Cavalier pickup and it sat in my parts box for a year and change before I took it to my tech for installation. At some point a wire had broken and the pickup was essentially dead. Knowing that the issue was my responsibility, I offered to send it back to Rob to salvage parts. He fixed the pickup and is returning it to me free of charge. I am floored to get the pickup back and Cavalier Pickups has won my gratitude as a customer and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to any forum members.

2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Can't wait to give Rob some business of my own...

brbadg likes this.

3. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Sep 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Not surprised. Rob is awesome. I've ordered pickups from and had fret work done by him. I love my Lion King/Nashville Lion set. Just amazing pickups and very inexpensive. Plus his fretwork is impeccable. In both cases, his turnaround was freaky fast. My pickups shipped out the day after I ordered them. And Rob completed the fretwork the day after receiving my neck (the only reason he did not complete it the day he received it was that he was considerate enough to let my neck acclimate to his workshop overnight). Labor plus shipping both ways was still faster than I could have had the work done locally.

4. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Connecticut
    He is really a GREAT guy. He used to do ALL of my electric work.... setups, assembly, nut cuts, mounting pickups, etc. etc. Once I stopped gigging/playing in my electric projects and started focusing 100% on acoustic recording/gigging we lost touch a bit. But, now that I picked up another tele body I'll be giving him a call again. Rob is definitely one of the good guys. I guess now I'll have to try out the pickups too! We had similar tonal preferences, so I'm guessing a more than one of those Cavalier sets would fit my style well.

Modman68, El Tele Lobo and BlueCajun like this.

5. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

My dealings with Rob have been nothing less than stellar. He is the paradigm of customer service.

RoscoeElegante likes this.

6. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2016
    Tempe Arizona
    IMG_4951.JPG Ive been chiming DeStefanos praises for months, his winds are so on target!! If you havent tried his FAT LION,or NASHVILLE, or anything, yer just missing the tele-tone-boat!! Hes supa-fast-super accurate in his discriptions, & his prices are scary-cheep!! All 3 of my tele's have his lions!

El Tele Lobo likes this.

7. barnbustud

barnbustud Tele-Holic

May 23, 2005
    asia
    are there paint colors he does not do? like shoreline gold.

8. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE

9. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

Jan 5, 2011
    Poland
    I think Rob mastered the blitzkrieg strategy, as applied to customer service. You drop him an email with a few questions and suddenly there is a Cavalier pickup waiting in your mailbox :D At least it was the case for me.

El Tele Lobo and Rich B in Tempe like this.

10. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    I'm a big Rob fan. He should be very proud of his products and the way he runs his business.

11. jmr102855

jmr102855 TDPRI Member

Mar 13, 2012
    United States
    His customer service is far better than any company I've ever dealt with and his pickups are as good or better than anything out there.

lineboat and El Tele Lobo like this.

12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I live down here in Tejas and ordered a pickup on monday and was installing it on Wednesday!
    I once ordered a bridge pup and and I got the polarity wrong when I spec'd it. He sent me another free of charge and insisted I keep the first one for my next guitar. Top guy in the biz!
    Add to this to the fact he winds the best sounding pups in the world and its just amazing!

13. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

Mar 27, 2011
    La mesa
    Speed, consistent communication and an almost pathological desire to avoid misleading the client with "mojo" jargon. I plan on ordering a new set soon.

SPUDCASTER and 4pickupguy like this.

14. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    Last time I talked to Rob, he said he wasn't painting bodies anymore. He did this one for me about four months ago. dGjsfeq.jpg

fenderchamp and 4pickupguy like this.

15. SPUDCASTER

Nice, details?

16. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2016
    Tempe Arizona
    This tele has Rob's Phoenix Firebird in the neck( sweet-clear voice- like the perfect cross between a humbucker-which it is, & a big bright single-coil),& in the bridge wired to the mini on-on-on between the vol & tone knob, control the tripple taps-HUGE LION-FAT LION-TWANGIE NASHVILLE LION, all great sounds- theres nothin i cant get!! DeStefano for pickup-winding president! Dont know how he does it but im glad he does!!! Sincere Respect & Admiration!!

17. ChaseDavid12

ChaseDavid12 NEW MEMBER!

Jun 16, 2017
    Venice, Florida
    Hey guys, just got myself my first MIM Tele (Lake Placid Blue). I was looking to switch out the pickups, and narrowed it down to a few options: SD Broadcaster set, DiMarzio Twang King set, or the Cavalier Nashville Lion/Lion King. I tried to email Rob just to inquire about his pickups, and how they compare, but I keep getting failure notices about the email address he has listed. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

18. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just send him a PM through TDPRI. He responds very quickly to that.

19. SPUDCASTER

I've always used the email with good success. Odd. Might be the "vortex".

20. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    <Rod Serling voice> Presented for your consideration ChaseDavid12, a young man on a musical odyssey of sound. Somewhere on this auditory excursion, this young man lost his reason as his pursuit shifted to an obsession with a mythical entity known in the vernacular as "tone." In spite of all his talents and ability, satisfaction escapes him, darting down dark hallways and shadowy alleys echoing with a subtly fading reverberation. In his quest for sonic excellence, he's found himself knocking at a virtual door, a communications portal into the life another man, who has built his reputation on providing precisely what ChaseDavid12 so desperately pursues. With each unanswered knock at this door, each unanswered message ... his anxiety is heightened, only deepening his need for auditory fulfillment, and failing that, leaving him awash in a miasma of frustration. His only hope lies in an answer somewhere up ahead, amidst the smell of solder and hot wires: A tonal destination we call...

...The Twilight Zone.

4pickupguy and boredguy6060 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.