Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Case Candy? Do new Squier's come with it?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Ducerro, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Yoakum, Texas
    Just bought my first new Squier and realized there was no case candy, manual, hang tags, or anything else included in the box. The plastic is on the pickguard, but other than that, nothing. So, the question is - is that the way these come from the factory? If so, no big deal. I figure they need to cut down costs some where and the case cady that came with my Fender American guitars would certainly add to the price.

2. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

Jun 27, 2016
    Alabama
    Squiers don't even come with a case.

3. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Yorkshire
    My two Classic Vibes came with nothing other than plastic on the pickguard. No hang-tags, no manual, no leaflets, not even a pair of Allen keys for adjusting the truss rod and saddles.
    The gumph I can live without, but the Allen keys would have been nice.

4. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
    They usually come with a gold embossed letter of authenticity hand signed by Wang Chung.

5. blakestree

blakestree Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2014
    Savannah, GA USA
    My 2012 CVC is a FSR and came with an inspection form from Fender. I believe that was all...

6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Seriously, no case, no case candy. Even if Squiers came with a gig bag, the gig bag would have more 'case' candy than the guitar.

I did receive a full set of allen wrenches to adjust every hex screw on my VM Mustang though.

7. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2013
    wild west
    all you get is a good..workin' man guitar..and the cash you saved..[​IMG]

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Face it, all that cash one saved is likely going to another guitar :)

9. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Only if you order from Sweetwater...

10. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Jun 22, 2010
    Ca
    They usually come with a QA/hang tag and allen wrenches to make adjustments. They wrenches are taped to the packing in the box in a really hidden manner. I'm sure a great many of them have made their way to the landfill, having never been discovered.

Believer likes this.
  11. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Yes, often inside a flap in the lid, do besure they fit properly before "comensin' to crankin' " as they sometimes ship the wrong size.

soulman969 and bender66 like this.
  12. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Yoakum, Texas
    Thanks for the replies!

I knew the mfg would need to cut corners to deliver at the price point these are at. Just wanted to be sure the seller had not sold me something someone else had returned.

That said, the guitar is a Vintage Modified Jazz Bass - my first bass. I'll throw up a NGD post here in a bit.

The other "surprise" was that there was ZERO tension on the strings out of the box. After tuning it up I've got significant fret buzz, so I'm shopping for setup tools (that I needed anyway).

dan1952 likes this.
  13. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I LOVED those guys in the eighties!!!;)
    Now I've got an "earworm" goin'....."Everybody have fun tonight......everybody Wang Chung tonight!"
    Anyone else catch it????

14. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    You might want to leave it tuned to pitch for a while before adjusting the neck. Let it get accustomed to having tension on it. It might straighten itself out.

15. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Nov 20, 2017
    Yoakum, Texas
    Thanks for the suggestion. Already tuned, planning on adjusting at the saddle first. Just ordered underwire radius guages, straight edge, some ruler thing-a-majig, and a couple of other items along with a "work" pad and a neck brace. All things I should have bought a long time ago... This is the first "new" guitar I've ever purchased "online" that was unplayable out of the box. Well, unplayable might be a bit harsh, but it does have significant fret buzz. Already watched a video on how to correct. Tools are due in Saturday and I should be thumpin by Saturday night!

dan1952 likes this.
  16. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    My most recent new-in-box Squier came with an allen wrench and a polishing cloth... maybe a manual too, but I really didn't pay any of it much mind. All I cared was that I got a fully-functional Jazzmaster for $260, delivered to my door. Deal.

nojazzhere likes this.
  17. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    As far as I know only ONE Squier telecaster came with a gig bag, except for the pack Affinity, and that is the Japan only Artist series Haruna Skullsilver telecaster.

18. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Yes. You get a turd in the thinline route. Most people overlook it.

Chunkocaster and jaybones like this.
  19. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    My 2004 MIM strat came with a sweet cardboard box o_O

20. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    The last Squier I owned it came with a truss rod adjuster and hang tags. Nothing else.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.