Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Can you recommend the "Fretboard Logic" series?...

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by brillocaster, Jul 7, 2008.

1. brillocaster

brillocaster Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Was in GC today and saw Parts I and II offered in one book for $19. I have committed myself to some serious theory study this summer,to augment my current "ear and eye" practice, and was wondering if this is a good, guitar-specific series to under take.

If you feel something else may be more valuable, I'm all ears.

2. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2005
    Colorado
  3. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    It was somewhat over my head, but I was less interested in theory than I am now. Anyhow, a friend of mine made off with my copies, so I haven't tried reading them over.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Guitar_Ninja

Guitar_Ninja Friend of Leo's

6. Stackabones

Stackabones Tele-Meister

May 31, 2008
    Texas
    Fretboard Logic is a better reference tool than a learning tool. I think the money would be better spent on a teacher who knows theory.

7. mrmanley

mrmanley Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Rochester, MN (USA)
    I've got the book and the DVD. It's a good reference, but it's pretty heavy on theory. I suspect that a lot of what it teaches comes to most players as a side-effect of playing all the time, but I'm the kind of person who needs to know some details of what I'm doing instead of just memorizing finger-shapes on the fretboard. I'll probably use it a bit more as I improve my skills.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.