Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Can the Eventide H9 do normal effects'?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Mistercharlie, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Mistercharlie

Mistercharlie Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2015
    Germany
    Every YouTube demo I hear uses wild, way-out presets, the kind I would never use. Whenever I play through that kind of thing, it feels like the guitar isn't really connected to the sound coming out of the amp.

I do like some out-there sounds, but I'd also like a pedal that can do great 'regular' flange, delay, reverb, etc. So my question is, can the H9 do those too, or is it all sparkles and ambient washes?

2. Gunerius

Gunerius Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2013
    Norway
    The H9 dies normal effects! All the demos and presets are very "wet" but it has great normal effects as well. And if you want to go deep you can! I use one for a few out there sounds but also have done regular delays reverbs and modulation effects in there. All sounds very very good! The wilder sounds can also very usable in normal situations if the mix is kept fairly low!

3. Mistercharlie

Mistercharlie Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2015
    Germany
    Nice! That's good to know. I was hoping it could replace some of my regular pedals.

4. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I have the H9 max it models all of their floor pedals and when you choose an algorythm for your specific pedal( Time factor-delay, Modfactor-chorus /flange, Pitchfactor-Harmonizer, Space-Reverb, H9-custom algorythms for H9 including distortion compressions etc.) and you may have upto 20 patches for each algorythm that you can modify and save. then you can arrange your saved patches in any specific order so you may call them up in a gig situation in the order you need , also If you have one H9 Max and up to 4 H9 regulars all of the H9's can use the algorythms from the H9 max ( in essence they all become Maxs), plus the maxs get lifetime upgrades and free algorythms for life. not to mention the sounds are super high quality.

there is a free editor that you get with the unit and you can bluetooth to your Iphone , Ipad, laptop etc. with midi and usb conectivity . Expensive but easy to use and modify.
    I am thinking of placing mine into the patchbay to use for recording rather than just a floor pedal.

Gunerius likes this.

5. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

I just got an H9 Max and have been building a pre-set list of about 15 effects that will work for me. Very easy to edit the effects and their order using the iOS bluetooth interface. I'm trying to build essentially all the classic effects-- delay, slap delay, chorus, autowah, wah wah, phaser, flanger, octaver, univibe, tremolo, Leslie rotary-- plus a few really cool ones-- one that sounds like an organ, and an arpeggiator that makes the guitar sound like a synthesizer. All the classic effects are in there, and it just takes some minor, quick editing to dial them to something suitable. I also bought a Moog expression pedal and I'm finding it works great to run the wah-wah and to do some cool modulations to the other effects as well. For now I'm not too worried about only being able to use just one effect at a time. Lots of the pre-set effects are actually several effects combined so that they have a little reverb or delay built into them along with phaser or whatever. I'm pleasantly pleased with how easy this is to work with and this one unit is now replacing what would otherwise be a huge pedalboard if I actually wanted to carry all those individual effects. This way my board is just two dirt drives going into the Eventide, plus a clean boost on the other side of it. Plus the expression pedal and a separate tuner. Very clean. This works perfectly for me. I never bothered with having a giant board with all those effects since I would typically only use an effect like tremolo or autowah on one song in a night so why haul the pedal around for a minute or two of use. The other great thing is the iOS interface is super easy to use...much easier than trying to set up one of those multi-effects boards, in my opinion.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.