Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

can I get written up for this?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ndcaster, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    Scene: howling blizzard outside, busy coffee counter inside.

Me (recognizing a work colleague at the head of the line): Hey G---, what are you doing, breaking the internet?
    Her (smiling): Hi NDC! I'm so sorry, I'm not trying to crash the system, I swear.
    Me: No problem, it's good to be inside out of this cold. I like your coat.
    Her (beaming at her outrageously huge fur coat): Thank you! It's so warm, I could be naked inside this coat!
    Me (thinking of the cold I swear): I can well im-...

There are moments when cold is good, my friends. It keeps you mentally sharp and helps you to avoid saying that you can well imagine your work colleague, who is female and 10 years older than you, naked underneath her ravishing fur coat.

On second thought, I should've said it and let the scowling barista with her tattoos and nose ring get even more scowly than she already was.

Must have been the fur.

2. jondanger

jondanger Friend of Leo's

Jan 27, 2011
    Charm City, MD
    You showed more restraint than you were able to muster at the sight of my seafoam green Stratocaster.

Harry Styron, Nickadermis and MickM like this.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    From what has been in the news lately, having quit right when you did may spare you from being publicly gelded, but only if you engage a very expensive attorney RIGHT NOW. If a woman rode by me on a bicycle stark naked in July, I wouldn't even mention that she was riding a nice bike.

telestratosonic and nojazzhere like this.

4. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT??!?!

etc

telestratosonic, MickM and Toto'sDad like this.

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm just proud of you for resisting the urge to fling open your trench coat....

6. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I mean the climate in the workplace in America has become such that it is unsafe to compliment your own wife in the work place on having on a nice apron, even if she's wearing a trench coat to boot. Flap them lips at your OWN risk. You did ask if you could be written up for your comments, I would say in 90% of the offices in the continental United States, the answer would be a resounding YES!

telestratosonic and DrASATele like this.

7. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    she would've enjoyed that

I'm actually feeling down that I let some weird version of conscience get in the way of some harmless laughter

live and learn I guess

this colleague is a rare bird nowadays, one of those people who clearly want to float above social conventions, be herself, and have a good time

she was saying she would've liked to have been in Colombia this week, partying with her fellow 60+ year old pals with whatever it is they drink down there in the sunshine

telestratosonic and william tele like this.

8. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    it's like East Berlin, only with McDonalds

9. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Last time I offered a woman a compliment in the workplace was in December of 1991. A buddy of mine was dating a woman who worked at the same company I did, she in the office, and I was an outside guy. My buddy said he'd bought his girlfriend a really nice dress, a green one, if she wore it to work, be sure and tell her how nice she looked. Little did I know, in between the time he told me that, and her wearing the dress, they had a huge dustup, and parted ways.

Okay, move forward to a nice little office get together when they still had booze and I still imbibed. Right on cure, out she comes wearing a truly gorgeous dress. I quickly commented on how lovely she looked. She just as quickly told me I could blow it out my %*(&(&_7_)*&)_, and further I could stick it up my&)(&+**_+, okay, uh excuse me, I think I'd better just be hitting the trail here. Merry HOHO to you too!

AND that's how I got to the place where if I see a naked lady who could pass for a twenty two year old Ann Margret riding a bicycle around and around, I'd just look the other way and say HOW BOUT THEM BROWNS?

10. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    TD, in all seriousness, the problem is on her end

or in her end

both work

11. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    You didn't ask her to order you a coffee?

LutherBurger likes this.

12. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Well, she was the one who used the N word--naked.

That certainly is a spankable offense...

13. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    Discretion. That is the operative word. There is a line which shouldn’t be crossed: groping etc and most folks know it.
    Flirting happens but most know when the door is shut.
    What happened to you is someone who offered an inviting opening (no pun intended) and you used discretion.

telestratosonic likes this.

14. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    She may not have been flirting, but her zealousness amplified her confidence, resulting in the use of the N word in public.

I try not to be PC as it really bothers me, but any woman using that N word in public would surely turn a few heads. Your restraint confirms your maturity. Nothing wrong with thoughts running through your head. Last I checked, your thoughts are your thoughts until made audible.

telestratosonic likes this.

15. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    OKAY then. Once in a while you do I suppose meet up with someone you can joke with, but I'd say it's a rarity nowadays! Peace brother. As for me.

I'm moving from my dirt digs to something a little less likely to crash in on my head.

upload_2018-1-3_11-53-49.jpeg

16. Colors

Colors Tele-Meister

May 12, 2016
    Nebraska
    Welcome to the DDR.

17. 41144

41144 Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2017
    West Midlands
    Tut ... How unreconstructed :confused:

william tele likes this.

18. Togman

Togman Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    I know you guys can keep a secret....

We are all naked under our clothes (even cargo shorts).

Anode100 and nojazzhere like this.

19. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    You'd better move over here then :)

Toto'sDad likes this.

20. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    You've been HARASSED.

Ruin her.

ndcaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.