Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Can Hotone’s new Nano Legacy Vulcan Five-O really go heavy?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bone1989, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bone1989

bone1989 TDPRI Member

Nov 6, 2017
    China
    Hotone has released their new Nano Legacy Amp Head, 5 of them. I noticed that there is one called Vulcan Five-O, which is a Peavey 5150 variant.

According to their review demo, the Vulcan doesn't sound really heavy. The guy in the video used a modified strat with a bridge humbucker, and did some classic rock stuff.

I can totally get the angle. He was probably selling the product to the Van Halen fans, the classic hard rock fans. Anyway, that's how the amp was firstly introduced to the world.

BUT, can it go HEAVY????

5150 is basically a benchmark for the “HI-GAIN” tones.

If the Vulcan Five-O cannot deliver that hi-gain sound, then it’ probably missing a large piece of the market. Right??

Anyone tried it? Feel free to comment here.

2. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    The nano amps are meant for practice by yourself, I'm sure it sounds pretty good but id hardly compare (from a consumer's point if view) that head to a 5150. If it gets close they've done well, the other nanos they sell sound awesome for $100 mini heads. I'd hardly say they're missing the market if it doesn't sound exactly like van Halen ....hell buy a "heavy" pedal and rock on.

3. bone1989

bone1989 TDPRI Member

Nov 6, 2017
    China
    True! For a hundred bucks, that does sound pretty amazing. I believe they have a nano cab to go with these things. As you said, the combination is designed for bedroom situations. If they can also be gigged with, then it's a big bang for the buck ! No doubt.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.