Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Can anyone ID this Tele body?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by floodstage, Sep 30, 2017.

1. floodstage

floodstage TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Bought a Tele with a Warmoth neck. Guy told me he "thought" it was a MIM Feder Tele body, but I don't think it is. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Thanks! WP_20170930_010.jpg WP_20170930_008.jpg WP_20170930_003.jpg WP_20170930_004.jpg WP_20170930_007.jpg

Attached Files:

2. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    Looks like a squier to me but could be wrong, no Mex serial number/parts number in the neck pocket, are there any 'mickey mouse' ear routes on the lower bout?

3. floodstage

floodstage TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Mickey mouse ears? You mean on the neck pocket?
    Small ones (have to look close at the pic to see them though

My guess is Squire. Not an Affinity though because it's string through. Didn't know if anything there would ID it any more though.

4. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I think he means the 3 hole routes below the neck pickup for MiM .It looks like a Squier on your picture , just like my classic vibe had the same routing

[​IMG]

5. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK
    Probably a Squier Vintage Modified SH body. Neck pickup type is correct but the controls seem to have been replaced/upgraded.

Squier_VM_Tele.jpg

boris bubbanov and ronzhd like this.

6. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

The shapes of the routing plus shielding paint shown in the OP pictures looks like MIM.
    (The loop at the bridge pickup pocket, the two corner loops at the neck pocket.

Is that a full bent 4-hole bridge MIM while the Squier image above looks like the modern L bent (no bent sides)?

"Crop circles" shown in the blond body picture would ID this one for sure as MIM, else the note above, picture with the pickguard off would reveal that.

7. sjtalon

sjtalon Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Ya usual the MIM have the holes.

8. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Squiers use those 'Duncan designed' pickups

9. ScottJPatrick

ScottJPatrick Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2011
    Stirling, Scotland.
    Yes I did mean the holes displayed in the photo above which strangely enough is acually one of my old Mexican bodies, did you find it on an old ebay listing? Sold it a few months ago. Part number is actually in the neck pickup route, not the neck pocket as I said in my first post.

10. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 16, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    That's what I was going to say, but I cant tell if the wood has that reddish tint that the Indian red cedar has, also the numbers written like that in the neck pocket look similiar. I have one that has been upgraded and I love it.

11. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 16, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I looked at the bridge pick up I removed from my Squier VM and the only thing different on the bridge pup is that it is EOD-609-0704. If it says "Duncan Design" on the front that would pretty much guarantee it. If your looking to sell it, I might be interested.

12. floodstage

floodstage TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thank You!!!!

The Squier Vintage modified SH in Metallic red and that has to be it.

The knobs are different and ashtray bridge must be an add on, but the 8 hole pickguard, pickups, body/color are a perfect match. I was pretty sure that it wasn't a MIM.

Thank you for the help. People here sure know their Tele's!!!

13. floodstage

floodstage TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Indianapolis

I'd sell it. Messaged you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.