Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Can anyone help me with this Squier?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by phantajisto, Jun 15, 2013.

1. phantajisto

phantajisto TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2008
    UK
    I just bought this as a Squier Telecaster... its a greyish white with blueish woodgrain visible - is this a variation of arctic white? No serial number or any markings on the neck. Pickguard is minty green. Back of neck is a really orange gloss. Could the neck have been replaced, considering it has no logo or anything?

I love the colour, thinking of swapping the neck for a nice satin maple one, changing all the hardware. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phantajisto

phantajisto TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2008
    UK
    If anyone's interested, I pulled the neck off and there's no markings underneath. Could be a partscaster, though I was told it is a Squier.

3. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Jan 2, 2010
    UK
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. corliss1

corliss1 Tele-Holic

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Looks like a partscaster. Some of the CVCs have orangy necks, but then there'd be the logo, or at least evidence the logo was there.

6. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 18, 2003
    Vermont
    Looks like a nice partscaster to me. At least the neck doesn't look Squier. Also I've never seen that color before. Bridge looks to be high quality and are those dome knobs?

I'd pull that control plate off and look underneath. Give us a gut shot of the pots, caps and switch. I'd be willing to bet it's a higher quality partscaster but I've been wrong.

7. sparkletele123

sparkletele123 Tele-Meister

Jun 13, 2012
    London, UK
    Love the Pickgaurd colour. Looks like a Partscaster to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.