Calling the FBI

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TeleTucson, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:13 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I once reached out to the FBI to report, and get advice on, a really insidious and flagrant violation of federal law related to a landlord extorting tenants (I was not a victim myself but was made aware of the circumstance). Because it was a federal statute, the FBI was the appropriate enforcing agency.

I was really offended when - prior to 2011 - the FBI agent I reached said, “Hey, dude, we’re trying to catch Osama, not mess with this chicken&%$*”. He had no interest in passing me to an appropriate channel, and for the tenants in question it was a serious problem. It left me really disenheartened with the poor degree of protection that our taxpayer dollars provide for our everyday lives, and it is still stuck in my mind.

Do you have any experiences of shocking and willful disregard for violations by the authorities that we pay to enforce our laws? Please don't make this become political.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:21 AM
    Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  2. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I have never had that experience. I’m sorry that happened to you. I’ve called the local police department on several occasions and they’ve always been helpful. I once stopped a patrolman in my neighborhood and told him kids drag race nearby every weekend. I didn’t want my daughters being hit by reckless drivers on their way home from work. That was 12 years ago. They still Patrol our area on weekends and nights. Very little racing going on around here now. I know they’re not all perfect but they have my support because without them my neighborhood would be a whole lot worse.

Paul in Colorado and TeleTucson like this.
  3. TeleTucson

Yes, I have had great experiences with local law enforcement & should have said that. This was something above local enforcement, and I was really disappointed.

4. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I thought you meant law enforcement in general. I’ve only dealt with local police, State Troopers and Sheriffs. They’ve all been good to me. I’ve never had anything to do with FBI. Unless you count watching the tv show FBI.

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Holic

its doctors I have a beef with. they don't know ther butt from a post hole. they lie about stuff in their reprts, especially when they miss the diagnosis. on and on, too many stories, don't get me cranked up

as for BinLadin... too bad they didn't pay attention to Clarke's reports with titles like "BinLaden Determined to Attack inside United States". Clarke was a Reagan appointee that spent 5 administrations as advisor to the president on terrorists

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  6. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Was this for something that the FBI normally handles (or handled in earlier years)? Or is this more of a housing violation?

7. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I actually know a guy who is a public official (municipal level) and is facing multiple Federal charges due to an FBI investigation right now.

When I was a kid I was friends with this girl (who passed away a couple years ago). Her father was a great guy and was mayor of Providence, RI and went to jail due to an FBI investigation.

Try talking to the AG's office in your state or go directly to the local US Attorney's office if it's really Federal. The FBI must have thought it wasn't worth looking into.

8. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

They aren't there to do your be k and call. They have priorities and decide what is important. Besides, it didn't even involve you. Why would they care?

9. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

IBTL

Bones likes this.
  10. TeleTucson

The state AG wouldn't have been appropriate for federal issues, and my presumption at the time was that the FBI was appropriate to pursue violations of federal statutes.

It's strange IMO to suggest that enforcing federal law would be doing my "beck and call". And I didn't say it didn't involve me, I was just not the direct victim.

Your middle point is the essence of my post here - when law enforcement decides what laws they want to enforce. Turning a blind eye to some things that may be inconvenient, but going whole hog on "priorities". If it's priorities driven by budget limitations, that's something I can understand - but it doesn't seem to always be the case.

11. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    “Don’t let this become political”

A thread like this was BORN POLITICAL.

Locked and please don’t do it again

Lake Placid Blue and imwjl like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.