Butterscotch Blonde Tele in Amber shade?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Apr 26, 2019.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

I known it might be a weird question but i do not get along with yellow . Were there any BSB teles with blackguard in Amber shade? I believe Player series and Original 50 is.
    Any ideas folks?

2. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Afflicted

You want this...

Tele.GIF

don't you...

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  3. RoCkstAr256

Yes i do

4. Kitarkus

Kitarkus TDPRI Member

IMO the late 2012 and later 52 reissues were very yellow. My 2008 is more butterscotch amber with lots of grain showing through. Variances abound, however, > 2011 and likely to lean yellow. YMMV.

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  5. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

The earlier AVRI 52s were more amber as per @Kitarkus post. Check out some used examples on line.

RoCkstAr256 and Kitarkus like this.
  6. Kitarkus

Kitarkus TDPRI Member

I will say mine does not have the 'pumpkin' tinted neck...but some of my era have necks that lean towards a pumpkin orange (which I did not particularly fancy). GREAT guitar by the way...I bought on a lark and didn't play it for a long while...only recently to discover how excellent it is.

Edit...to be clear..."Original 50's" refers to the new ones of which I am less familiar. The older AVRI run(s) thru late 2012 tend more toward your preferred shade...the 2012 and later but pre 'original 50's' models were coined "pure vintage"....and these are generally the yellow(er) ones.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  7. RoCkstAr256

Ok avri52 Shade is perfect i need it, my bank account does not

8. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

BSB was never a color option... the color is the results of the lacquer being impacted by UV light and crud in the air... it causes it to become more and more amber..

but since Leo used lacquers from different suppliers, and the crud in your air may be different from the crud in someone else air... the resulting shades of BSB can vary considerably...

so whatever color of yellowish, beige, golden, tan, kakahi, kinda of color is absolutely perfect dead on correct as long as you like it..

I might mention.. if you're painting a guitar BSB... the correct way is to paint it vintage white.. then clear coat it with a tinted clear... that way, as it ages, it does so correctly,, so the underlying white can be seen as the clear is worn away, most noticeably around the edges of the guitar..

rk

Obsessed, Chunkocaster and Piggy Stu like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.