Burger King has a new "Unhappy" meal

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, May 3, 2019.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Hello cow, let us feed poke kill you sell you eat you reduce you brand you with our disfigurement.

william tele likes this.
  2. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I like aspirational messages better, this just seems like validating people who are miserable due to their own bad decisions and not much to do with "mental health". Sort of how people lash out against those who have more money than themselves and now being a "have" has been deemed something bad while being a "have not" has become a symbol of virtue.

4. Bones

Maybe so, but take the student debt guy, wouldn't a better message be that through hard work and perseverance he can get through it, instead of admitting defeat and accepting that he's going to live with his parents for ever? How about the guy who gets "ghosted" and throws is phone away? Why is he littering? Get on that phone and call another number and connect with another friend.

5. Bones

If meat is so bad and the meat industry so horrible, how come you vegans are always trying to find something that tastes, looks and feels just like meat? Why are you craving meat substitutes? The answer is because the human body craves animal flesh, if it didn't vegans and vegetarians would be happy with carrot sticks and avocados.

Jim622, Owenmoney and blowtorch like this.
  6. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

I'm an Uber driver and I guess there is a weird security or comfort in telling a complete stranger ( me!) all about yourself...

I had an absolutely 'Supermodel beautiful' young woman get a ride, and not even 1 minute into trip, says:
    " Can I ask you a question, and can you turn off the radio?"

Me; ( WTF?) " Sure what's up?"

" How do you know if you find real love?"

She then tells ME , how she has a boyfriend that really loves her, has bought her a house, wants to marry her, but she doesn't feel the same way, doesn't love him, doesn't know what to do as " He's a really nice guy, really loves me..."

I told her ( me married 38 years), that I still have the old school ' married for life' ethic, and told her to NOT marry the guy if she doesn't love him, and all the stuff he gives her doesn't matter if she is miserable...put up with pain now, and not live with it for the rest of your life...
    I hope he doesn't find out who I am later and kills me!

7. DugT

DugT Tele-Holic

I live in Truckee, California, where the Donner Party survived on the meat of their dead friends and relatives. Maybe I should open a burger place here called Cannibal Burgers. Possible burger names:

The Pioneer
    Good Ole Sam
    Tender Nancy
    Salty Slim
    Local Color (Pure Indian)

Our motto would be, "A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do." Thanks John Wayne.

8. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

The "Pissed Meal" has me concerned.

I hope the employees are washing their hands after they.....

Sir, WTF would you like on your no one gives AF burger? :eek:

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Brucesu likes this.
  9. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

The human body, at least my human body, craves lot of things I don't let it have. It's kind of job one of being civilized

As to why vegetarians want the impossible burger, really this isn't hard at all. I like the taste of meat. I don't like the process that gets it to my table. if it tastes like meat but doesn't involve any of those social costs, what's not to like?

I'm looking forward to the impossible whopper

Brucesu likes this.
  10. Festofish

Festofish TDPRI Member

They should have used “behind blue eyes”!!!! Maybe they did. I could care less. Here’s an idea...don’t buy absolute garbage for your kids. Duh.

11. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Here's what I'm worried about; A hundred posts of bashing a business and an industry. No one is forcing you to eat at a burger joint, why the outpouring of hate and hostility?

12. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

I like hamburgers and I wish I could eat a real whopper, but I rather not kill an animal with a face to fill my belly. But it’s true that there is nothing wrong with eating meat, life eats life.

I had a strange vision more than ten years ago while eating a hamburger. I heard a mooing sound coming from behind me and the sound came closer. The noise then went into my body and I could feel the cow dying. I felt it crying out in pain, and I felt a huge sense of betrayal from the cow. This vision lasted only 30-40 seconds or so, but after that I put my burger down. Meat no longer looked like food to me.

That strange vision never happened again, and I did try to eat a country fried steak a few years later. But it made my stomach hurt and my body felt weird, I’ve lasted this long without meat. I think I could go the rest of my life without butchering animals.

I find it strange that people claim to be animal lovers, and most have multi pets kissing them and playing with them. But when it comes to filling their bellies, they don’t get a second thought to how their burgers are made. Then again before my trippy experience I never thought about ever giving up meat.

I could care less about humans or animals, but I choose not to do unnecessary suffering to them.

What’s stupid is when I look at meat it doesn’t look appetizing, but I still find the smell to be intoxicating. Like the smell of fried chicken is crazy good, and the memories of tasting the crispy skin is so yummy. But when I actually see a drum stick from the inside, it just looks like rotting flesh.

13. Rev Rhythm

Rev Rhythm Tele-Meister

I mean, these are valid points, but not every message has to be one offering a solution. Sometimes it's useful to tell people "hey, it's understandable and maybe even ok to feel something other than happy."

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.