Tonight was the first night in about a week that I've had a chance to work on this project. What happened was this: I drilled the jack hole in the wrong place. D'oh! Somehow along the way, it got moved on my body template. I'm a little baffled only because a big part of my day job is keeping track of graphic files and knowing what changes have been made on what file is pretty much what I do all day. Small mistakes are expensive. Somehow, I moved the moved the jack hole on the template and didn't realize it until after I drilled the hole. Anyway, I found some maple screw plugs at Woodcraft. I epoxied it in there and while I was at it, I spread a really thin layer of epoxy over the interior side to seal it. I used an old credit card. I was surprised by how much the maple soaked it in. I'll let it dry and sand tomorrow. OK, now the interesting part(s). First off, I bought this neck blank from Bruce for a very reasonable price. It had been unclaimed and had been laying around his shop for a while. It needed a home and I was more than happy to oblige. In addition, LMII now has Richlite and Rocklite fingerboards sized for bass. Bruce and I negotiated a little deal; he wanted to do some R&D using the Rocklite boards and I wanted a neck blank. I got the board and he's gonna radius it, cut the slots, mount it and cut the outline out. I'll carve the shape out of the blank. The LMII Rocklite fingerboards are actually for 5-string boards, but they can be cut down. They have 4-string Richlite boards. Works for me. I'll drop it off tomorrow. Here's a shot of the blank, the board and my headstock template. The Rocklite is pretty cool. It really looks and feels like a piece of wood. The color really knocks me out. Right now, I'm seeing this bass in a Sonic Blue with a medium brown mahogany back and sides. I'm trying to find a 3-ply Wildcat Orange pickguard blank, but I don't think that's going to happen.