Now back to our regularly scheduled program... Yesterday, I cut the neck shape out of the blank. I used a coping saw. It took about an hour. After I routed it out, I pulled the maple/mahogany body out of storage. Next, I routed the neck pocket and did a dry run by joining the neck to the body. I didn’t hit any snags and the whole operation went pretty smoothly. I did make a change to the neck - I took the width down to 1.53125” at the nut. The previous neck was roughly 1.625”. Usually, I like a P-width nut, but I narrowed it down to a J size mostly for esthetic reasons. The first bass didn’t play the way it looked - I don’t know if that makes sense - so I wanted to give the new neck a faster, slimmer profile. I also bought an Indian Rosewood FB from LMI. I felt a little bad cuz of CITIES and all, but the LMI site is pretty emphatic about their Rosewood being legit. I just wanted a darker board. The Rocklite or Richlite are out of my budget for now. In my dreams, I’d be using only domestic US woods, but until I get my own fret cutting rig, I’m limited to whatever pre-cut boards I can get. Maple is great, and I think my next bass will have a maple FB, but only building blond necks would get pretty boring. Anyway, I finally managed to get the rear counter-bores on the back to work without any problems. On previous builds, I had problems with the 15mm brad point wandering and ripping big chunks out of the back. I realized, it was due to my drilling the smaller screw hole first. This time, I pre-drilled with a 5/64” bit. The smaller bit may have wandered, but I can’t tell just looking at it, and the counter-bores look good, so I’m good. Anyway, that’s it for today. I’m going to glue the FB on tomorrow night and cut it out Wednesday. I have to order some parts tonight.