Hi all, As per popular request ;-) I'll be posting the progress of my 3rd build here. This one will be a fret less P-style bass for my brother. He wants the position of the frets to be marked, so I will use a very special ingredient which will give its name to the bass. More on that when we arrive at that stage It'll take some time to complete the build since it starts to be a bit chilly and dark over here, and my shop doesn't have a roof, so please bear with me. I went to my carpenter friend this morning in order to plane and thickness the wood : walnut for the body, cherry for the neck, and cumaru for the fretboard. Then I went out to cut a little, quite chilly today... Cut a bit of cherry to sandwich between the walnut, and glued thing together. You might wonder what the hole is for... I made a bracelet for my better half in order to test oiling the walnut as a finish: Not too bad! I think it'll work great for the natural finish I'm planning to have. On the next episode, next sunday: finish the templates (need some sanding and ca glue strengthening), then make the truss rod groove, and cut the body to shape.