Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Buffalo!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Darkness, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    88A3C84D-979C-438A-A2E5-FAB5BB4733F9.jpeg 3968073B-A55C-467B-899C-612D57815F06.jpeg Literally. Saw these guys on a back road near my ranch. Had to jump out and take a pic. The bull quickly moved the herd along. Got a great video too. I’d never seen Bison, outside of a zoo or on TV, before.

2. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Cool!
    I saw quite a few in the NWT, in Canada.
    We had to drive a slow band bus through the Wood Bison Nature Preserve to get to Yellowknife.
    I had to stop the bus a bunch of times to give herds the right of way.
    Unforgettable!

telestratosonic likes this.

4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Cool. Where is this?
    I once jumped a fence to help a downed hang glider only to spot a few buffalo in the shade of a tree.
    They all started running when they saw me. For a second I couldn't tell which way they were going (thankfully away).
    Old Charley Goodnight did a lot to preserve the Southern herd on his ranch on the Stake Plains.

5. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN

6. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Apr 7, 2016
    Stygian Gulf
    Somerville, Texas.

8barlouie likes this.

7. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

There was a bison ranch in Athens county when I was an OU student.

Bunch of us were taking a cruise in the country and came across it. This was in early March, and they didn't look (or smell) very good.

Shreds of shedding coat hanging off their bodies. Not at all the way they look in Dances With Wolves (groomed and brushed sem-iwild herds). The ones that got closeups got brushed out like show cattle.

By summer they had lost most of their winter coat buy rubbing against the fences and trees, so they looked better. Still didn't improve their odor.

But the local places that had that meat it sure was tasty!

8. 2blue2

2blue2 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    My favorite Buffalo

th-19.jpeg

9. tahoebob54

tahoebob54 Tele-Meister

I went to a local burger joint for dinner last night, whenI got there I found out that you could get a buffalo burger for $2.50 more. best $2.50 i have ever spent.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.