Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

"Budget" noiseless P90s???

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by bigben55, Nov 7, 2018.

1. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Do they exist? Anyone make a noiseless P90s that 1) dont cost big money and 2) dont stuck? What's the best bang for the buck?

2. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Mini humbuckers.

1978-Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-Vintage-Electric-Guitar-Goldtop-USA-wHSC-272475664425-3.jpg

Golem, JL_LI and brookdalebill like this.
  3. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Go on the bay or amazon and look for used P100's, but don't expect them to sound exactly like P90's.

4. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Kent Armstrong Stealth 90s??? HP90s, pretty reasonable, but do they suck? Anyone have any experience with them?

5. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    I installed them on a customer's guitar and thought they were pretty good. I saw a bunch of complaints online calling them 'very weak'
    Either those people were not adjusting them correctly and/or they wired the coils in parallel by accident. The one's I installed had plenty of output.

6. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    I have a set of these coming for my Flaxwood Liekke.

http://www.lacemusic.com/Aluma_90.php

I love the tone of my SD Vintage P90s, but on buzzy stages the noise gets excruciating.

IMG_20180901_082422.jpg

I'll do a report.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  7. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thx. I read some reviews saying how they're not high output. I'm not looking for "hot," but do want this to be my highest out put guitar. I have a strat and a tele, the tele has Fralin Blues Specials which are 5% hotter than his standard vintage tele pickups. Will the Stealth 90s be hotter? It's hard to tell based on resistance numbers since these are way out of whack that way.

8. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    I found a brand new set of these Stealth 90s for $100 on Ebay, went ahead and ordered them. It may be a couple weeks before I can get them installed but when I do I'll give a full review.

CFFF and awasson like this.
  9. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Looking forward to it - Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.