Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Buddy Fite

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Larry F, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Buddy Fite was a Pacific Northwest jazz guitarist. The story is that he alternated between logging in the woods and gigging in Portland. When I was in high school, I tracked him down at a place he was playing and called him there. He agreed to give me lessons, but for reasons I cannot fathom, I didn't pursue it. Here is Fly Me to the Moon from one of his records: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa2pCp8BEi0&feature=related.

Listening to it now, I think I may have felt that his fingerpicking approach that mixed walking bass, chords, and melody was not where I was headed. What a dope I was in not following through. Here is an interview that must be read to be believed: http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/buddy_fite.htm. Every musician should read this.

2. elihu

elihu Friend of Leo's

Great interview...Moving through life like a fish through water... humility rocks.

Great player too-thanks Larry.

3. cleanman

cleanman Tele-Holic

Life is about where you are, cause where you've been is done and where you're going hasn't happened yet; Carpe the now!!! Interesting guy, well worth reading the interview.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.