Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Broadcaster blend not behaving

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by IggyT, Jan 1, 2018.

1. IggyT

IggyT Tele-Afflicted

Apr 21, 2008
    toronto
    i have done 3 or 4 of these blend wiring jobs over the last few years in different teles. Sometimes I reverse them and other times leave them because they seem to work better with certain pickup combos. Just tried another one and got a STRANGE result. The blend in position 1 goes backwards! In all other attempts this blend knob adds neck as I turn the knob: in this attempt dialing the knob reduces neck??! Everything looks the same so just trying to learn what is going on ?? Thanks
    Iggy

2. Do you have a reverse pot? If it's wired as a normal pot it would act this way. To be sure test it with a meter.

3. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    Lol I thought that was normal.

4. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Every "Blend" pot I have used (3 Strats, complete wiring kits by toneshapers) has worked that way ... Set to "10", there is NO blending, roll back to "0", and you have a full blend

5. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    I’m trying to understand how a 3-pick up guitar blends with one pot. On a 2 pickup guitar, My expectation would be to wire lugs 1 and 3 to each of the pickups, and the center lug is the mixed signal: at 0, you get only one pickup, and at 10, you get only the other pot. At 5 (assuming the right pot taper), you get half and half.

6. IggyT

IggyT Tele-Afflicted

Apr 21, 2008
    toronto
    that might be the case....as the wiring to the switch and pots is the same with all the other guitars...maybe that pot was always a lefty...I honestly cant remember ..its been so long since I plugged that guitar in!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.