Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Bright cap mod on Deluxe reverb, is it worth doing?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Fendermeddle94, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Fendermeddle94

Fendermeddle94 TDPRI Member

Aug 21, 2009
    sweden
    Hello folks! I've just bought a Fender 65 deluxe reverb RI, and it's the best sounding amp i've ever heard, really loving that blues tone. I made a thread asking a bit about why my little blues amp sounded so crappy with my dallas arbiter fuzzface pedal. Someone told me that the vibrato channel had a "bright cap" inserted, and said i should try out the normal channel. It sounded Great!

Now, where can i find that bright cap in the amp? And how should i do if i wanted to make a switch? Thanks for your time

2. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2003
    Magdalena, NM, US
    IMO, you're better off doing the one-wire mod to add reverb to the Normal channel. The Normal channel sounds like the Vibrato channel with the bright cap clipped so you get the sound you're after (no bright cap with reverb), plus you keep the sound of the Vib channel in case you ever need it. And, the channels are now in phase so you can jumper them like with old 4-input tweeds.

Much better mod all-around.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.