Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bridge pickup for Squire Classic Vibe Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by birdsonic, Mar 19, 2013.

1. birdsonic

birdsonic TDPRI Member

Mar 19, 2013
    florida
    Greetings!
    I would appreciate some input on a bridge pickup for my Classic Vibe Custom. I'm going to use a Twang King for the neck, and my choices for the bridge are: Don Mare hot bakelie, Lindy Fralin stock 5% overwound, and Fender Custom Shop Nocaster. The Twang King neck is Alnico V 6.2K, Don Mare is 6.7K, Fralin is 7K and the Nocaster is 7.3K. The Don Mare and Nocaster P/U's are Alnico III, and the Fralin is Alnico V. I know that both Don Mare and Klein use Alnico V necks and Alnico III bridge P/U's for some of thier sets. I'd really like to hear your choices.

2. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Sep 26, 2009
    Winchester, Va.
    I think you should check out Rob Stefano's web-sight.. [Fret Tech]. He is a member of this forum and his hand wound pickups have gotten very high rating. He builds high quality boutique pickups at $60.00 per pickup, $5.00 first class shipping.... I ordered one of his pups today for an American parts-caster, that I have had for 22 years. AND... he shipped it out in one day ...The name of the pup I got was the Nashville Lion.... He has several choices. And you can ask him for what you what, and he will understand you and deliver the pup you wanted... I have heard only great things about the sounds of his pups from people who have then posted on this forum... He will also tweak it any way you want.. He sells sets, too, of course......... :):):)

3. birdsonic

birdsonic TDPRI Member

Mar 19, 2013
    florida
    Thanks Rod,
    I have checked out the Fret Tech site. The Nashville Lion is the pup that caught my attention. The bridge pups I listed are the ones that I have that I am trying to choose from.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.