Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bridge Pickup Country Style?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Robkay, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Robkay

Robkay Tele-Meister

Oct 12, 2009
    Leek Staffs UK
    Looking for a bridge pickup for a tele build (country'ish) a few that caught my eye......
    Seymour Duncan......jerry Donahue
    Seymour Duncan......5.2. nashville i think its called.
    Seymour Duncan.......stack(as used by brent mason) i think?
    Any thoughts.
    Rob(uk)

Satchel68 likes this.
  2. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    You can get twang out of orig fenders. I prefer a tad more oomph. Cav Nashville or seymour d or fender nocasters. Imho

3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
  4. TangerineDog

TangerineDog TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2016
    The EU
    I, personally, am a huge fan of the Duncan 5-2s for Strat and the Tele counterpart is so going into my next Tele!

What's great about them is that they just keep the bass tight. So if you even remotely like the highs of A2 magnets, the 5-2s will give you that without any of the flabby low end you can get from A2s.

5. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I love the Fender N4 pickups in my Telecaster. I only play country. They can drive my amp or clean nicely up by turning down the volume and are very responsive to the tone control. Hum free and my Telecaster stays all Fender.

6. phil fridge

phil fridge TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2018
    UK
    I only play country, couple of suggestions- Oil City Pick Ups , Delta unit for the bridge,or if you can find any second hand Jerry Donahue's Fender Pick Ups . That's with a strat pick up in the neck. Clarence White-one of the greatest pickers of all time - used a strat pick up in the neck, the fact J D favoured that as well , surely says something to any country player. I'm not familiar with Seymours Donahue pick ups, but they probably would do the job.

7. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2014
    Paris, IL

Cavalier Nashville - lotsa tones in there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.