Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Breedlove club!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by gitold, Jun 17, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I just checked through this thread to see if I’d posted a video of me playing my Breedlove Atlas series dreadnought (AD25/SMe). Nope, I haven’t.

And truthfully, I didn’t think I had. I have been hesitant to post any videos of me playing in any thread on TDPRI. There are several reasons for this, chief amongst them, perhaps, is that there is just nothing special about my playing, and the prospect of posting on a forum where so many are so talented, with quite a few pro players...well, that’s just a daunting prospect, quite frankly.

But I’m trying to get over myself about that. It’s fun for me, and audiences I play for seem to really enjoy what I do. And I really enjoy videos showcasing guitar brands I have or am interested in; it’s helpful to me. So in that spirit, I’m going to post one of mine.

This video was taken of me playing for the residents of a local retirement community on February 5, 2016. One of the residents there had actually attended John Denver’s last public performance/concert, October 5, 1997, here in Corpus Christi, TX, so she requested “Rocky Mountain High.”

So, again, I’m playing my Atlas series Breedlove dread. Both my mic (Shure SM58) and my guitar are plugged into my Crate TX50 “Limo” amp. (My amp now for acoustic/electric gigs is my Fishman Loudbox Mini, using a Sennheiser e835 vocal mic, which gives me a warmer tone and yet more clarity.) I hope you enjoy it, or at least find it a helpful demonstration of the guitar’s capabilities, if not of my own capabilities.

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I was in the local GC for a little while today, just long enough to play a couple of guitars. As I sat down in the acoustic guitar room to play a Cordoba classical (C5-CE), I spotted the headstock of another guitar hanging on the wall. It had a stylized script “B” logo on the headstock, which told me that it was a pre-2014 Breedlove acoustic. (Since 2014, the logo on the headstock of Breedlove guitars is the name spelled out.)

I picked it up, and it was a Breedlove Passport D200/SMP, an MiK acoustic dreadnought with a solid Sitka spruce top, laminate stained maple back & sides, no cutaway. It was priced at $169, which was tempting. (New it sold for $299.) I have no business buying another guitar right now, but this was well worth the price. It played so well, like most every other Breedlove I’ve played over the years. A well balanced tone, very nice for fingerstyle or pick.

I didn't take a pic of it, but here is one from the GC website...
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.