Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Breedlove club!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by gitold, Jun 17, 2009.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Hey, Ron! Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out. In fact, I've already watched some YouTube vids of the Discovey Concert CE that are quite impressive. I was looking at the Oregon series because the guitar I gave away was in that bracket (all solid woods: cedar top, rosewood b&s, striped ebony fretboard). But if I find one that looks, plays & sounds great for a fraction of the cost, I won't turn that deal down!

And a Happy New Year to you and yours as well. Tell "songbird" hi for me.

2. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Happy New Year, everyone! :D

3. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Wednesday I did a photoshoot for new promo materials (cards, flyers, etc.). Here are a couple of the pics including my Breedlove...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come...

4. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, I said there would be more to come, so I guess I should make good on that...

[​IMG]

5. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm a few days late in posting about a new (to me) Breedlove! Thursday of last week I played a gig, and then went to check out a used Breedlove Passport Plus C250SBe. Solid Sitka spruce top, Bubinga back & sides, soft cutaway, acoustic/electric. Here's the photographic evidence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is one showing my two Breedloves side by side...

[​IMG]

More of the story later...

dannycarolina likes this.

6. RonS

RonS Tele-Meister

Mar 19, 2011
    Amsterdam, NY
    Nice Larry! Congrats!

RonS

7. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks, Ron. I remembered that you had bought a Breedlove concert for yourself and for Alice. I went into GC intending to look at the current Breedlove Concert models, but I stumbled onto this used one instead. $350 for the guitar in great condition and the hard shell case. I feel like I got a really good deal.

It's much more comfortable than my Breedlove dread, which isn't going anywhere. That one sounds so good, plugged or unplugged, and still will have its gigging applications. But for long hours playing in a restaurant non-stop, this concert is much more comfortable, and sounds good plugged in. I've already gigged it 7 times since I bought it, for a total of 28 hours. And in about 20 minutes I'll be heading out the door with it to my restaurant gig again.

8. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm planning a promotional package for a specific market application in the weeks to come, which will include some recordings of me playing/singing specific songs. At this point, I'm leaning towards using the Concert for the recording, although the Dreadnought would be a great choice too. I'm pretty much using the Concert exclusively at gigs, but recording? May have to think about that. Any thoughts?

9. Ciaran49

Ciaran49 TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2016
    uk
    hey guys, I just signed up, having got a Breedlove Solo C350/SRe-12 a couple of weeks ago, still can't believe it, I have a 'plug 'n play (with chromatic tuner), cutaway, soundport - I've never had all 'a these tricks.
    I was in the store a couple of months ago and looking for a 12 'er with good string spacing @ the saddle for fingerpicking and the assistant suggested it, it's a bit tight but manageable but it was well over $1000 - to much for me to shell out. Looked their site the next night and they had knocked it down to under half price !!.

I went straight over there next day and snapped it up, came with a good hard case.
    It is a 2013 model and they wanted to move it - what luck.
    Played it plunged in at a local open mic and caused a bit of a stir them checking it out., they know me as a straight ol' school trad acoustic guy, 'n the loved the sounds it made through the PA.
    I'll have some questions for ya, hope you don't mind.
    Ciaran

10. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Didn't mean to let a week go by without replying to this. Welcome to the club, Ciaran! I'm not inclined to own a 12-string myself, but I enjoy playing them (my kid brother's and a friend's) occasionally. Sounds like a good score. A 2013? Does it have the script B logo, or the full name? (I don't know exactly when the change was implemented, but I think it was right around that time.)

One of the many things I like about Breedlove is that the maintain an archives of instruments on their website, so I looked up yours. It has some nice pics and even a sound clip. Of course, we'd love it if your were to post your own here, :D but in the meantime...

http://breedlovemusic.com/guitars/solo-c350-sre-12

11. Ciaran49

Ciaran49 TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2016
    uk
    thanks LGO, yeah that's the guitar just like it is in the link you provided with a ‘B’ logo on the headstack..
    Sure will post a sound file once I get new strings on it.
    Some thoughts, I’ve been thinking of putting a K&K mini under the soundboard - wandering if anyone has wire a SBT to the preamp (Baggs LR-T CV), wondering about impedance matching - maybe contact Baggs bout that.
    The plugged in sound is interesting in an ‘electro-acoustic’ kinda way but I’m familiar with and like the K&K sound.
    Q 2 - has anyone taken out or 'disconnected' the bridge truss system / rod ? - any experiences ?.
    I’ll keep ya posted.

12. Ciaran49

Ciaran49 TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2016
    uk
    here ya go LGO - straight dry recording from the builtin Baggs pickup,
    a brief demo of a tune I wrote for my sister Doreen, it's meant to be meditative and meandering.
    not sure how to embed a boxnet sound file so heres the link -

https://app.box.com/s/kkpdu8umi8xpmpq4z1szgpr73c45p5g3

13. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Thanks for posting that, Ciaran. So, you call it "Doe's Tune," with "Doe" being a nickname for Doreen? I guess you could abbreviate that further and call it "D tune". :rolleyes:

Seriously, enjoyed your playing and the tone. I love the sound of a 12-string. I only owned one once, over 40 years ago. It was a cheap Mexican made guitar, and quickly developed the issue of the bridge pulling up. I sold it for what I could get for it, and haven't bought one since.

14. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Meister

Feb 9, 2015
    Troy, AL

15. Ciaran49

Ciaran49 TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2016
    uk
    nice burst Aaron, that little 'OM' pickguard looks neat - think I'll put one on as well.
    happy pickin

16. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Boy! Breedlove sure makes a pretty sunburst! :D Nice, Aaron!

Ciaran49, the older "Logo" headstock Breedlove Concerts had that pickguard on them. Mine has it too.

[​IMG]

17. SunnySky

SunnySky Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    Florida

18. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Is that a Oregon Concert with a sitka spruce top?

19. SunnySky

SunnySky Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    Florida
    Yes Sir. Sitka spruce top, myrtle wood back and sides.
    ebony bridge and fingerboard. Hard rock maple neck.
    *I think you know better than I do... ;)

LGOberean likes this.

20. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    :p I don't know about that, but I have checked out the Breedlove website a time or two. ;)

If money were no object, I'd own that very guitar AND the all myrtlewood version as well, just to have that subtle difference in tone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.