Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by voodoo_idol, Jul 23, 2012.

1. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2010
    pgh pa usa
    I realize I often come off as arrogant...but I come by it honestly :D

I don't like to read long posts...so I don't write 'em (though this one ain't gonna be a good example)...in trying to conserve words, my intent occasionally fails to shine thru.

Statements in question in my earlier posts are not my opinion...but they are not everyday wisdom either...though they are hard for some to swallow...I thought they would be useful to the discussion...I do wish everyone would take a shot at really comprehending the ideas...but few ever do...and I am sad.

I did write that I have seen little of the show...irrelevant to my first post though.
    I also only wrote that I am not a big TV guy...not into fiction...and highlighted the point noting reading my last novel in 1983...not that I haven't watched fiction at all...kinda hard to raise kids or spend time with grand-kids and be all, ya know, like....serious 'n stuff.

In my world, imagination has nothing to do with fiction, and everything to do with reality. I am a creator, and I prefer creating to spending precious time immersed in the creations of others. I have thousands of things I want to do.
    Time spent with novels or TV is time I don't have for my own work.

I realize I'm on shaky ground...so, 'nuff's enough.

I really didn't want to hijack the thread...thought it was useful insight.

The imagination quote is a paraphrase of Einstein...uttered by me at a very serious conference...after a whole lotta wine...nobody laughed.

Cheers,
    Tom

2. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 27, 2006
    GA
    Maybe, but remember the scene where Walt and Skyler are looking at their house and Walt suggests they should skip that "starter house" and go ahead and buy their dream house? This was after Walt left Gray Matter and he still had ambitions and expectations of a big career. I'm not sure what you're suggesting he was scared of. I just thought he left because of the love triangle involving Elliot and Gretchen and couldn't live with the situation anymore. His business and personal lives were too closely linked. He sold his stock for 5k on impulse due to the fact that he needed the money at the time and probably also to wash his hands of Elliot, Gretchen and the whole situation.

3. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

TPollock-I didn't think of us as hijacking the thread, just as having an exchange of ideas and values. If I offended you I never meant to, and as I said, I agree with alot of what you say.

4. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2010
    pgh pa usa
    Gary, there was nothing to take offense to in your posts. They were heartfelt and transparent....great stuff.

I can't be offended anyway...I think too highly of myself :D

All good threads have sidebars...discussions of behavior motives can pinch nerves...hope this thread gets juicy...in a good way of course.

Cheers,
    Tom

5. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Nov 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Are you a mad scientist?

6. neocaster

neocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2006
    Chester County, PA
    Walt went in knowing Jesse wan't there by choice. At the end of it all, Walt admitted to Skyler and to Jesse that he didn't do any of this "for them."

I was glad Jesse got to do Todd. I was glad Walt got to Lydia.

7. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    I was glad to see that too.

Walt referred to Jesse being Uncle Jack's partner because he knew that it would irritate Jack and would make him produce Jesse as proof. Walt had acted impulsively, on a lot of occasions, killing Mike, for example, but his final acts were all pretty calculated.

8. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 27, 2006
    GA

9. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    How did Walt find out that Jesse wasn't there by choice? I never caught that. The way I saw it, Walt didn't even know that the blue stuff was still being sold until he saw the tv in the bar, after spending most of winter in the cabin with no tv and only getting newspapers once a month. It wasn't until Badger and skinny Pete confirmed that the blue stuff was being sold that they thought about Jesse still cooking, and both Badger and Skinny Pete thought Jesse had left to Alaska.

10. Muddslide

Muddslide Tele-Afflicted

Jun 28, 2008
    Gypsy Caravan
    I haven't read this thread, but I enjoyed the show.

Not sure if it's been brought up, but I thought this season and the last really developed Hank into perhaps the most complex character on the show.

11. Muddslide

Muddslide Tele-Afflicted

Jun 28, 2008
    Gypsy Caravan
    And I'm glad Jesse made it out.

12. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo

13. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 5, 2008
    Tulsa

14. tapollok

tapollok Tele-Holic

Jun 26, 2010
    pgh pa usa
    Not mad yet...perhaps Breaking Mad.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

15. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

he is a rock god… or maybe more correctly… stone god.

16. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    well, as this thread drifts off to zombihood, i got 3 things to say:

1. we weren't ever shown how they poisoned Brock. or else i missed it.

2. did anybody here figure out how to play the slide guitar part in the theme?

3. Michael Slovis is the greatest TV cinematographer ever. in the desert scenes, yes, but also the indoor shots. he made every scene in the show into an icon. i'm not well versed in photography so i can't comment on the technical stuff, but, damn, did this show look great.

17. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.