Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by voodoo_idol, Jul 23, 2012.

1. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    I haven't seen any threads about the new season, so figured I'd start one.
    Two episodes down, both were pretty good I thought.

I loved the scheme they came up with to wipe the hard drive in Gus' laptop.

I assume there are no bank transfers that can link Gus to Walt and Jesse?

Tonight, we got resolution to the "missing" ricin cigarette, and we were introduced to a new character, Lydia, and the Madrigal connection.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Madrigal

2. voodoo_idol

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    And why is Jesse in the new Ciroc Vodka commercial?

3. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2003
    Sonoran Desert
    I think that was Aaron Paul in the commercial with Sean Combs.

4. voodoo_idol

Mar 1, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    True.

5. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I missed season 4 but luckily Netflix just added it so I got season 5 being tivo'd and waiting for me to catch up :D

6. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    - Never saw it..looks like story about meth lab killer who was a professor?

7. Muddslide

Muddslide Tele-Afflicted

Jun 28, 2008
    Gypsy Caravan
    One of the best shows ever on television.

I'm curious to know the story behind the opening of Season 5 Episode 1...

8. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    The meth part bugged me at first, but then I realized it is just and excuse to do a dark and violent show (is that better or worse LOL). It is a lot like the Shield or shows like that. It is really a show about mid-life crisis, but it ain't family TV.

I am really getting into it this season. I have tried to watch it, but kept missing shows, and getting confused. When I watched the marathon, I understood how some scenes are shown out of time sequence. Then I didn't feel so bad, for being confused.

The last 4 seasons were great. These first 2 shows of season 5 have been good. I don't know if this will be the last season or not, but it is starting out very good.

It looks like Mike found 'em some precursor. :D

9. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    i thought last night's episode was one of the best of the whole series. i was surprised that the DEA got to mike so fast.

10. rcole_sooner

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    I think they ticked him off too. It is hard to get emotion out of Mike, but I think they did it. :eek:

11. KenH

KenH Tele-Holic

Jun 30, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I've only watched a couple of shows over the years. I thought the guy was dying of an incurable disease and wanted to provide for his family before he checked out. Why is he still around?

12. rcole_sooner

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    His cancer went into remission. Ya know, the best laid plans...

13. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Tele-Afflicted

Mar 11, 2008
    Worcester, MA
    I am sure the opening scene of season 5 is actually the opening scene of the last episode, and now we are slowly seeing the build up to that point.

14. rcole_sooner

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    Yep, or some future flash.

It seems he may have purchased the "disappear package", or done one himself.

He was still in contact with the black market gun dealer.

What would he need that kind of fire power, for, in town? :eek:

15. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2008
    South Florida
    Depends on the family :D

My boy and I watch it together. But he's eighteen now, so it's okay.

I am sometimes confused, as there are big chunks of episodes from earlier seasons I've missed. My boy has been watching more diligently, and fills me in as needed. Caught some of season 5 episode 2 last night, I gotta re-watch it cuz I missed the first part.

It's a fantastic show, with awesome characters. Loved the focus on Mike, he's a great character. I agree that the feds have him a little spun up.

Last week I caught Bryan Cranston [Walter] on Jimmy Kimmel Live... he talked about a payphone encounter on set~

Good stuff!! :lol:

16. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO

17. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

Jan 21, 2005
    California
    I just recently discovered this show. Over the last few weeks I have watched season 1 (7 episodes) and the first 7 episodes of season 2.

Season 1 was really good. The basic plot line of a high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and decides to manufacture meth to provide for his family after he is gone is very unique and creative. And for the first season, Walt is a sympathetic character.

It went downhill pretty quickly in season 2. The holes in the plot and suspension of belief (I'm thinking especially of the episode where Hank kills Tuco) really get out of hand. More importantly, Walt ceases to be a sympathetic character. When the meth-addict couple rips off one of Jesse's dealers, and Walt gives Jesse the gun and tells him to deal with it, it's hard to keep rooting for Walt. The show becomes just another crime drama with drug dealers, addicts, cops, crooked lawyers, etc. Apparently Walt's cancer goes into remission, which would make him even less sympathetic.

Unless someone can tell me that the show gets a lot better after season 2, episode 7, I'm done watching.

18. Kafka0622

Kafka0622 Tele-Meister

Dec 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yeah this show is probably not for you. If you need the main character to be sympathetic then this isn't your kind of entertainment. This is a show about one man's descent into barbarity and what it does to everyone around him. If you think Walt is unsympathetic in mid-season two then you are going to be shocked at Walt at the end of season four.

That said... this is one of the best shows that has ever been on TV. Ever.

19. krapyajleinad

krapyajleinad Former Member

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    +1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.