Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Brainy Memorial Build – A Long, Slow, Comfortable Fumble Around In The Dark

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Reckless Rat, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

There are about 20 quality band names in this post Rick! Really well done! I really liked "disturbed molecule" and "moved six" and "flush right". Well done sir!

DrASATele and Mbechmann like this.

2. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    I couldn't agree more with Rob, there has to be at least a dozen between Rick's 2 long drawn out post (almost like he's competing with RR for longest post in this thread ...lol ;)

I like "sonic excellence" could be a band or album name

RR - you make me proud to be from (New) England! But seriously that is a hot rat rod!

3. Reckless Rat

Reckless Rat Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    UK
    Only in Texas...

Thanks, Nosmo.

We'll have to see, but there is certainly the capability there to do something.

One of these?

I have one with a yellow paint job. Surprisingly-useful, but I haven't actually tried to make much from scratch, just take a bit off there, or change this. It is pretty good for winding pickups on, too.

I have some sympathy for Mrs. Stratenstein's close supervision given her husband's notorious habits of borrowing her cookware and personal grooming apparatus to make sacrifices to primitive fire gods in the back yard.

Also, given that my walls are brick, the chances of just knocking through and moving a wall are pretty slim without the rest of the house landing on my head. This could be your new defence; 'Sorry, can't do that. Load-bearing, you know...'

I'm afraid I am forever fixed on Nefarious Porpoises as a band name.

Thanks Chris!

DrASATele likes this.

4. MM73

MM73 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2015
    South Lyon, MI
    A fine looking Rat Rod!

And that Stirling engine thing is cool. Well, actually, the engineer in me demands to know its purpose. Can a machine exist without a purpose?
    I'll be back after I Google it up.

Edit: I'm back. Ok, so you scale that thing up and you can do some heavy lifting. I thought it was just an elaborate desk thingy. I just have push pins arranged like a smiley face at my desk : )

5. richa

richa Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Washington
    You know I actually missed the coup d'etat in this build. Work can be such a distraction from having fun. :)

That's a beautiful guitar. I love the concept and execution (even if you claim to making it up as you go - all the better :D).

6. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Yes, exactly! Only mine's a bit newer, not that it makes any difference. I remembered that I did do one useful thing with it--built up the brake shafts on my old John Deere, with welding, then turned them back down to size on the lathe. Saved my quite a bundle-John Deere is very, very proud of their parts.

Stirling s are indeed cool. I remember a friend making one from paper cups or something equally crazy.

I think the smiley face pins are (is ?) better than those things you put on your desk with the balls bouncing off each other. Know what Mean?

Here, here! And I apparently missed the last few posts until you pulled it up again-thanks, Rich.

MM73 and richa like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.