Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Brad Paisley Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by horax, Jul 20, 2017.

1. madguitar85

madguitar85 TDPRI Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Longmont, Co
    Lucky eBay find. Guess it was meant to be:). Don’t like buying off eBay when it comes to guitars, but at that price I couldn’t go wrong and it ended up being a great Guitar to boot.

horax likes this.

2. kcolyar

kcolyar TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Moab Ut, United States
    Love mine, sounds better than my 2012 American Standard and is at least 2 pounds lighter! I did the white paper under the pick guard and think it looks better. I wiped it down with the NAPTHA and it improved immensely

madguitar85 likes this.

3. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, WV
    I also posted this over in the winner’s circle as I got this in the fundraiser raffle this year:

The guitar arrived this evening— very well packed from Fender. What a pleasure to behold. I also own the Road Worn Flea signature bass and I have to say I’m surprised at the lack of corrosion on this thing. Thankfully I’m not experiencing the sticky neck that other owners seem to be disliking. I absolutely love the pickups. I have two other paulownia Teles and this is just as light. I’m thinking of swapping the saddles out to some regular compensated ones as these do seem to cause some sitar-like noises. I can’t think of anything else I’d really change about the thing.

The pickups on this really shine. It’s a great, great guitar.

Lake Placid Blue, kcolyar and BigD like this.

4. kcolyar

kcolyar TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Moab Ut, United States
    Just made a new pick guard for mine. upload_2017-12-9_10-59-8.jpeg

billybarool, ruger9, AJ Love and 5 others like this.

5. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    anybody else do any mods lately?

6. guitarsgreat101

guitarsgreat101 TDPRI Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Worcester, UK
    I would love a BP tele.... but unfortunately being at college doesn't leave much budget.... so I built a tele myself similar to the Fender Nashville range, not really the same as the BP tele but loved the sounds of it so, built a kit guitar and put in new pickups and get my tone as close as I can to brads....

7. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    I played one of these last weekend. I didn't plug it in because I don't need another telecaster, I was actually there looking at a strat.

The weight (or LACK OF) shocked me. It felt like a toy. (not a criticism; that's just how light it was. Lighter/as light as some acoustics I've owned.)

I LOVE the neck on this thing. I picked up the strat (MIM Std) after the tele, and I much preferred the Paisley's neck (and I LOVE the Fender Modern C)

horax likes this.

8. PooTwang

PooTwang Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2013
    Dirty Jersey
    2F399FA1-22DF-4727-84EE-24AB1B9028F9.jpeg Ok so I got one, got a great deal. The good. love the big neck,light weight and nitro finish. The Bad. bridge saddles have to go. String gets stuck in the slots total junk, the oil over finish on the neck WTF makes me want to get out some brake cleaner lol only kidding . The neck pocket seems to shallow it came set up with saddles so high they were half away above the bridge. Making the string tension feel very stiff , the frets were like 120 grit sandpaper. Ok all stuff that is easily fixed with a good set up. Guess I expected better quality control.

AJ Love, horax and Lake Placid Blue like this.

9. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    wow! that's hard to hear. Mine was great out of the box...only issue is a sitar like B string buzz that I can't fix.
    Might be due to the saddles, but my strings are nto falling in the cracks on them.

My neck is better now that I've sanded it down iwth steel wool...but it does get sticky from time to time. Others have
    used naptha and such to clean them off.

10. ruger9

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    From what I understand, that's usually due to the nit slot not being cut correctly. The bottom of the slot should "fall away" (or angle down) towards the headstock. If it's cut the opposite, or even flat, or even not angled ENOUGH, you get the sitar sound.

11. fidopunk

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, WV
    I can’t decide if this is beautiful or hideous.

Attached Files:

12. ruger9

Dec 31, 2004
    Hackettstown, NJ
    hideous.

4telecaster4 and BigD like this.

13. Tonewolf

Tonewolf TDPRI Member

May 7, 2003
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    I have one of these. Love the tone and even understand the sticky neck... Same as when I first got my 52RI. That said I do want to get an improved saddle set for this. The strings keep sliding into the groove between the adjustable part and the rest of the saddle. I'm looking for Suggestions (3 piece saddle intonated brass).

14. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    E4F86554-2509-4C9C-9228-5D76AE5A5A60.jpeg 2A7828C2-F288-445F-A37B-CD289BAFE32D.jpeg
    Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love it! I haven’t picked up any of my other guitars since getting it! The neck is awesome, the light weight still is strange to me. I’ve never owned a guitar this light. Btw, I’ve had no issues with stickiness on the neck. I was able to use a 20% off coupon and got mine for $959!

I’m still playing mine with 9s on it. The saddles have not been an issue thus far. I’ve never bought a guitar with any relicing done to it, I actually like what they’ve done with this one.

horax likes this.

15. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Jul 10, 2005
    Madison WI
    Seems like a great platform for mods... At some point I'd like to get my hands on one to utilize in a partscaster, in particular the neck and pickups.... That said seems like a great guitar as is....

16. PooTwang

PooTwang Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2013
    Dirty Jersey
    I ordered a set of Rutters saddles they should arrive soon, I added a bone nut and cleaned up the frets, that should do the trick

17. Tonewolf

Tonewolf TDPRI Member

May 7, 2003
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    Keep me informed...

18. Tonewolf

Tonewolf TDPRI Member

May 7, 2003
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    I actually found a production inconsistency with this model. Please compare the position of the Fender compensated saddles from guitar to guitar. I am finding some of them have one or more saddles backwards. If you are having issues where the strings are slipping into the slot between the two parts, maybe it's on backwards. I have looked at the instructions included with the saddles if you purchased them separately. The proper position of the movable part is under the A, D and high E strings according to Fender. I realize they probably work in both directions, but maybe the saddles work better installed as the instructions say.

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts and observations?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Lake Placid Blue and tery like this.

19. fidopunk

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, WV
    Mine is exactly as the picture above. I had the thought last night after looking at Rutter's replacement saddles-- why can't I just use my nut files and give these a little notch like I do for TOM bridges to prevent the strings from sliding into the adjustment. Seems easy enough and is cheap.

20. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    Good observation. I would have never caught that. I’m curious to see if it has an effect on the strings slipping.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.