Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Brad Paisley Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by horax, Jul 20, 2017.

1. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    FWIW, I think guitars, generally speaking, that have a fatter/more substantial neck, like the Paisley, tend to be a little more stable in terms of setup. They seem to be a little less prone to environmental changes. Maybe I'm off base here, but, in my limited sample, that seems to ring true, at least for the guitars I have owned.

horax likes this.

2. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2012
    Here & Now
    #1 Has the DR look down…

[​IMG]

3-ply black
    [​IMG]

Paisley over parchment :)
    [​IMG]

Paisley over black :)
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017

3. Chris Vee

Chris Vee TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    I put 10's on a couple weeks ago. Didn't change the feel much and sounds better! I was doing the set up at the same time but i don't think much tweeting would be needed. I absolutely love this guitar! So glad I found a keeper!

horax likes this.

4. Chris Vee

Chris Vee TDPRI Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Vancouver BC Canada
    About the stick neck... i have a theory:

In a video Brad Paisley mentiones how he like when Fender necks get all black on the board from people playing them. So I'm guess Brad and Fender agreed on the "oiled neck" finish for that reason.

On a related note, the neck on mine isn't nearly as stick as it was when i bought it. I don't even need to while it down after every session. When new it was after every 20 minutes :) ...and man, I'm loving this guitar! Incredible tone and playability !!!

KellyCaster71 likes this.

5. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    hello jklotz, eye've had my bp guitfiddle for about a month now and am really likun it, can eye ask why you replaced the saddles on yours? the saddles on mine are arranged differently than all the pictures that eye've looked at from various sites, [as an example the e/b has the adjustable on the b string,the other two have the adjustables on the a and g strings] but what bothers me a little is that the a and g strings always migrate to the bottom edge between the adjustable part and the saddle part but off of the the high part for adjusting. eye too am considering swapping out the saddles as eye have a few sets that eye can try.

6. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Yup, you got it. Mine did the same thing with the G and B strings, so they went away. I am not a fan of those saddles.

horax likes this.

7. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    thanks for the reply jk

8. KellyCaster71

KellyCaster71 Tele-Holic

Mar 29, 2011
    Humble, Texas
    I restrung today and decided that I liked the setup so much I didn't want to change much so I just went with the 9-46 set. Which is the 9's with the 10's for the heavy strings. Best of both worlds and kept the same feel that I didn't want to lose. Wanted to show the neck wear with the new strings. It's coming along nicely.

2Yrgff9CQ5STX8P9fUYhNg.jpg

9. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    anybody else notice the tarnish and rust are going away the more it's played?

10. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    my fretboard has an astonishing amount of neck relic like wear marks , and only with a little over a months noodling on it and now the back of my neck has some finish wear also, B U T , eye think it is just the oil finish causing the marks as eye can clean it off the neck by light scrapping with a pick. [was hoping for the real thing] eye've also been rubbing my sweaty arms on the body right arm wear mark [after long bike rides in the desert az] and that is getting a slight browning effect. eye'm really diggin this gitfiddle and can hardly wait to see what it will look like in a year and it is fast becoming my main guitar to play.

11. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    Since my local music store doesn't stock Fender guitars anymore, I probably won't have a chance to try out one of these beautiful guitars out any time soon. :( It's fun to read what others are saying, though. :)

kcolyar likes this.

12. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I noticed last night my fretboard is showing wear REAL quickly. I'm going to ensure that I play this every day.
    I had been playing my 59 les paul clone a bunch lately, but went back to this beauty and quickly saw the wear.

It's funny...I steel wooled the neck awhile back to get some of the stickiness gone...and it worked. Now the neck feels as if
    it has NOT been steel wooled, but the stickiness isnt' nearly as bad as it was before....still soft as a US tele neck, but with a better feel.

I wonder if the pre-relicing helps teh natural relic process as well?

13. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Personally, I took a soft rag and some naphtha and cleaned the gunk off the neck. I'm guessing they put that stuff on there so it would look like it was a reliced finish in short order, but the lacquer underneath is still fresh and shiny, so it still doesn't do a very convincing job IMHO.

14. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    BTW - I noticed Brad, along with Payton manning, in one of those Nationwide insurance commercials, playing one of these sig models.

horax likes this.

15. emptycup

emptycup TDPRI Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I took some 400 grit sandpaper and lightly wiped the back of the neck. The stickiness is gone and it's so smooth...

16. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I was playing it tonight and when I finished I noticed some heavy checking appearing in the fretboard.

Love it!

It’s Ana maxing giotar as well. It’s so versatile! Blues, rock, country, pop? Does it all well!

For those who complain that it doesn’t come with a hard case, but it at a store that gives credit like MF. I did that and got an American elite fender case with my points and 30.00. I got the guitar with a savings code that made it 1000.00 out the door. So with 1030.00 I got the guitar and the American elite case. All less than standard price.
    3C769CE4-087A-4472-8493-F353C04715FA.jpeg 6D4FD935-DBF0-4D20-8185-8C870F18B8B1.jpeg

17. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    IMG_0623.JPG
    Picture of neck crud but it looks kinda

There is some nice wear and checking on the back of the neck as well.

Tonewolf, horax and KellyCaster71 like this.

18. madguitar85

madguitar85 TDPRI Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Longmont, Co
    Stupid awesome for the price! Love mine. Especially since I scored mine for $850

Attached Files:

billybarool, BigD and KellyCaster71 like this.

19. BadTranslate

BadTranslate Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    pdx
    There's a Brad Paisley Tele in the background of this Joe Bonamassa Norm's Rare Guitar video. Joe bought a '59 Tweed Tremolux instead! :p

Striker6 and horax like this.

20. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    How'd you do that? That's a bargain!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.