Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Brad Paisley Tele Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by horax, Jul 20, 2017.

1. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    This is a hangout for anybody who owns ANY Brad Paisley (inspired or otherwise) guitar!

This could be Santa Cruz acoustics, Bill Crook customs, or Fenders, etc...whatcha got?

I will start with my newly acquired Fender Limited Edition Brad Paisley Signature telecaster.
    It's based off of his 62 tele, and it sure feels and acts like it! The 64 overwound pickup in the bridge is amazing, and the twisted tele in the neck is pure joy. The feel and aesthetic of this guitar is just insane.

Even the screws and hardware are aged.

Here's my pix:

IMG_3552.JPG IMG_3553.JPG IMG_3554.JPG IMG_3555.JPG IMG_3556.JPG IMG_3557.JPG IMG_3558.JPG IMG_3559.JPG IMG_3560.JPG IMG_3561.JPG

2. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    and a few more, because you can never have too many pix!

IMG_3562.JPG IMG_3563.JPG IMG_3564.JPG IMG_3565.JPG IMG_3566.JPG IMG_3567.JPG IMG_3568.JPG IMG_3569.JPG IMG_3570.JPG IMG_3571.JPG

3. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    It's funny, being road worn is growing on me. There's a small haze in the finish near the controls, but I can't complain because it's supposed to look old. There's a few dings in the neck, but again, were they on purpose?

If my kids ding it or it falls over....well...more power to it! It's suposed to look like that!

The wear will be different on all of these over time...and teh early relic just helps speed the process. I'm shocked
    at how dark the edge wood is compared to the top wood after only playing ti for a short time.

I can't wait to see this age over hte years. I think it's my new #1...and for the record, I have a 1966 SG Jr, a USA Standard Tele, and a USA G&L ASAT Special....all are great, but this is just on a different level altogether.

Plus, I'm a huge BP Fan... ;)

Gdolly and Lake Placid Blue like this.

4. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Alright Alright Alright !!!
    Thanks for starting this thread. As soon as I get mine and get the chance I'll post some pics and my limited review.
    I am work and pulled up the pics on the computer here for a better look. That is one sweet Telecaster. Mine at this point still shows out for delivery.

I noticed on most of the pics from all the ones so far that the strings line up nice and center above the pole pieces. Also it looks like there is plenty of real estate below the little E and above the low E. Is the fret board rolled?

horax and Lake Placid Blue like this.

5. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Here's mine. Sorry, but that pickguard had to go :twisted:

BPT-Black.jpg

6. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I like that! Brad himself said that he hopes for people to modify and swap things and make them their own.
    I think this is a great start!

I personally really love mine the way it is out of the box.

7. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    I'm definitely going to have to get a black PG for mine. I love that look for sure. I hate to be a copy cat but...

8. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Mine has been delivered but I am at work.

9. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    What pick guard is the black one you used? Would it be sacrilege to use a bakelite with the halo? :eek:

10. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    @BigD do a blakc pearloid!

11. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    I don't like pearly PG's. lol

horax likes this.

12. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Here are some pictures of my "Brad Paisley Telecaster" ; )
    IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0663.JPG IMG_6561.JPG IMG_6556.JPG IMG_6566.JPG

Tonewolf, MGD342, gtrwrks and 3 others like this.

13. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Your Brad Paisley Telecaster does have more relic than mine. I didn't notice any rust on my hardware either just kind of dull and slightly scratched.

We do have the exact same glue spot on the bridge pickup.

horax likes this.

14. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    That was some reliced one I picked up on ebay a few years back. Had it sitting around, so why not? Regardless of the relicing, I think it needs something simple because there is so much going on with that finish already.

15. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Yes, the flat black pick guard is perfect.
    Thanks

16. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Another thing I noticed is that mine even though it has nice lower action it seems tight for bends and chords. If that makes sense.

horax and Gdolly like this.

17. Gdolly

Gdolly Tele-Meister

May 9, 2017
    NC
    IMG_1909.JPG here's mine!

Has anybody else noticed how clean and crisp that low E string is?

18. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

Feb 20, 2009
    Arkansas
    Okay I got out the '68 CPR and ran straight into it and this is what this guitar craves(some hot tube saturation). My wife asked if I was playing some AC/DC. It is a rockin machine. Now I will admit I'm still having trouble with bridge pickup but I think it is just that I am not worthy of such a finely crafted beast.
    Actually I don't know one Brad Paisley lick or song really. I did see him in concert the start of this last tour and was amazed.
    I haven't played much at all in over a year and a half but in that time I have collected some killer guitars, amps and pedals. So when my Grandson starts pre school I will star back up and learn some Brad Paisley stuff. It seems I need an EL84 type amp for that though. Or can I get the Brad Paisley sound out of my CPR?

gimmeatele, horax and Gdolly like this.

19. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Slightly overdriven tube amp? I think the CPR can handle that.

BigD likes this.

20. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I can't tell because I don't know what cpr stands for.

I use a vox ac15 on the top boost channel and it gets REAL close. Some verb and delay are perfect to hit his sound.

I need to learn his songs though. They're very tough to learn. I play mostly surf, but want to learn country.

BigD likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.