Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Box around the poster's info

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by unixfish, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:34 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    This is not a problem - an issue maybe - or maybe just a question?

On the left side, there is a black thin line square around the poster's info. Occasionally, there is not a bottom on the box.

Examples:

From http://www.tdpri.com/threads/i-spent-2-1-2-hours-at-the-dmv-today.787209/

Capture1.JPG

aerhed does not have a bottom around his tag, SolidSteak does. These are posts 15 and 16.

From http://www.tdpri.com/threads/excited-newbie-from-minnesota.787269/

Capture2.JPG

These are posts 8 and 9. You can see my post does not have a bottom. My post is longer, so it's not post length, and my other posts have a bottom - even in the same thread.

I have not noticed consistencies like quoted text or post length. I have just noticed recently a posts here and there does not have a "poster bottom".

Is this important? No, it's more a curiosity of something that seems like a web coding side effect.

A reply of "You are overthinking this minor issue - be quiet and go away" is valid here...

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Don't go away... but...

Actually, I can visit each of those examples and the border around the Postbit is 100% intact. Here's what I see on your last screen shot above:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.39.16 PM.png

3. unixfish

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    The first example was my work machine - Windows 7 using Chrome (one of the corporate versions, I forget which).

I tried on my Linux Mint machine using Chrome with the latest Debian approved version - and got the same issue. So I did some digging.

I keep my zoom at 90% by default. When I change it to 100%, the bottom line appears in Chrome (at least on Linux). At 80%, all lines look normal - at least from the examples provided. At 75%, aerhed has a line, but SolidSteak does not (the missig line switches posts).

In Firefox, the lines appear correctly at all settings from 50% and 100%. I did not check zooms smaller than that.

This looks to be a Chrome issue with reduced zoom rendering. Whether that means anything or not is up for debate.

Thanks for the feedback - at least I know what this is. I wonder if older versions had the same issue? I don't have anything to test, so I'll leave it at that.

4. unixfish

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    It also works properly using IE 11 (at least on Windows 7). I am going to label this a Chrome issue / bug / anomaly / etc.

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    I'm going to label this as closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.