Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Bought a Parker P-36 today. Thinking of putting Wild Bill Lawrence Pickups in. Talk me out of it.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Dan Spiffy Neuman, May 17, 2018.

1. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Dan Spiffy Neuman Tele-Holic

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    I still have a set of WBL tele pickups I bought from someone on here to try in my MadCat. Thinking they might pair well with the fishman bridge.

Attached Files:

2. adamsappel

adamsappel Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 8, 2008
    Maryland
    I won't talk you out of it. They are great pickups. What don't you like about the Parker set? Why didn't you put the WBL in the MadCat?

3. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2012
    Central PA
    I'm inclined to talk you INTO IT

brown2bob likes this.

4. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    I bought two sets of pickups to try in the MadCat. One was custom made by Dylan Pickups, the other was the WBLs. I tried both and the Dylan Pickups had more character in that particular guitar, but I really liked the WBLs as well so I put them in a drawer.

The stock pickups sound to me like regular Tele pickups, which I'm not wild about-- the neck is muddy and they're overall pretty noisy.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    All the cool guys don't mod.

Pappy Yokum likes this.

6. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Westbury, N.Y.
    I have a Lawrence 280/290 set in my ash tele, and they are awesome, and no noise.
    Sorry, I guess we're not much help

7. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    Well that rules me out! Although this is a wickedly 90s shaped guitar

8. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    That's way I build my own, so I don't need to mod.

9. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm not one to mod just for modding's sake, and I've been happy with the pickups in every Parker I've owned.

Pappy Yokum likes this.

10. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Don't be fooled... modding is not uncommonly done by exceptionally cool players! :)

11. Pappy Yokum

Pappy Yokum Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2017
    Chincoteague, VA
    I'm on my second P-36 Parker. I've had three Hohner "The Prinz" madcat clones. Now using a wonderful Harley Benton clone, and it's better than the Hohners ... (and, I'm a great fan of various Hohner guitars).

My advice: DO NOT mod the guitar. Keep the stock P'ups.
    Do a "partscaster" to swap out P'ups and mods.
    Guitars have a way of becoming collector-guitars, if you wait long enough. Of course, the highest values are realized with STOCK components. Don't ask me how I know this.

bender66 likes this.

12. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    That’s nice. A Parker Fly has been my short list since they were released! Yes, I’ve lusted for one for THAT long.

13. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Silicon Valley, CA
    I'm getting ready to try to sell my P-36. For a long time I thought something was wrong with the piezo, then I put it into my mixer rather than through my Trademark 60. Even on the "clean" channel I was missing a lot of the high end. It also sounds good through the Katana on the "Acoustic" setting.

I actually thought this was a really nice guitar but I just have too many and with my limited space, only ONE gets away with not being hangable and that's gonna be my Steinberger.

14. Dan Spiffy Neuman

Apr 4, 2016
    Madison, WI
    LOVE mine. Going rate seems to be 300-400 these days, more with a case.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.