Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Boss power Stack pedal?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by chemobrain, Jun 19, 2017.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    has anyone used the boss power stack pedal? speaking of dirty-amp in a box

2. Veltek

Veltek Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2016
    Blues country
    Lots of heavy sounds, but they can be pretty noisy.

chemobrain likes this.

3. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    thank you.
    so you've used it, yes. Will a noise gate clean that up or is the fx nasty noise digital icky?

4. Big Rand

Big Rand TDPRI Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Michigan
    I love mine. I keep it around 7 to 9 oclock on the drive and it cleans uo nice with rhe guitar volume.

5. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I had one when they first arrived on scene and I liked it. At least when keeping the drive down low and the level up. I then sold it and tried a few more expensive pedals such as an OCD, a modded TS9 and a Lovepedal plexi 800. Still have the Lovepedal.

Then I bought another power stack on a whim because it was a good deal. The second time around it sounded thin and noisy. Btw a used OCD isn't that much more. I'd go that route.

I also had the Boss combo drive. I thought that pedal was fatter and more versatile than the power stack. But still not as solid as the other pedals I mentioned above.

thefruitfarmer likes this.

6. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    I had one for a while. I liked it but at higher gain settings it had that cocked wah thing that I couldn’t dial out.

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    ayuh, used one for years. great pedal IMHO, just wanted something different....finicky user here.

8. chemobrain

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.