Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Boss ME-25 vs ME-70

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Microbee, Jan 8, 2012.

ME-25 or ME-70

1. ME-25

35.3%
  2. ME-70

64.7%
  1. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Hey everyone, i'm looking into buying a multiple effects board and the me25 and me70 are the only ones available to me. i was wondering what the difference is between the two? if anyone could write a quick review or something that would be great:p:confused:
    I've been playing guitar for nearly 6 years now and have never used effects before:L

2. Higgs F. Boson

Higgs F. Boson Tele-Holic

ME25 is smaller and cheaper...but you probably already knew that. I have an ME25 and love it for quick and dirty direct recording - also performs adequately through an amp although digital distortion still isn't quite the real McCoy.

The big thing with the ME25 is, do you like the way it's set up? You basically have to set every patch separately and scroll through the numbers. There's no separate OD/Mod/Delay controls like a lot of Boss multi fx. Personally I love the simplicity of the ME25 but a lot of folks don't.

3. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Yes, i'm kinda new to effect pedals, so i will probably end up going for the me25. the only thing stopping me is that i like the set up of the me70 and it has some more effects, as i play a wide variety of music. thanks for the help:grin:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

The ME-70 is more like a pedal board. You can set up patches too, but I just use the manual mode. So, if you are technically challenged this works best for you.

6. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Tele-Afflicted

I owuld also suggest considering the Digitech RP 500. As a (i think) direct competitor to the ME 70 it is a great unit with a few additional features and something that you would keep and learn from for many years.

7. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Rockerduck: this was the only thing that made me unsure, as i was originally looking for individual pedals but decided a multi was more cost effective.
    Mad kiwi: thanks, but the ME25 and ME70 are the only ones available in shops any where near where i live:(

8. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Tele-Afflicted

I have had a good run from musicians friend via the used section. But I know what you mean, Our US friends are so spoiled for choice AND price!!!

9. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Yeah, must be nice!! i only have one music shopwithin about 40 miles!

10. gandsfjord

gandsfjord Tele-Meister

I actually use both of these pedals. I have a ME-25 at home, and there's a ME-70 in our band rehearsal room.
    I use the ME-25 quite a lot, but not so much for the effects. I use the USB interface to record to the computer, and the looper feature to practice a bit of soloing while on my own. (Does the ME-70 also have the looper feature? Don't know as I haven't had the need for it in a band rehearsal setting).
    For use on stage/with a band I'd choose the ME-70. For practicing at home, I'd rather have the ME-25.

11. fly135

fly135 Tele-Holic

The coolest thing about the ME-25 is the 38 sec looper and the freeze effect. I like the freeze so much I put the ME-25 in front of my G3.

12. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

gandsfjord: yes the ME70 does have the looper feature. :)
    fly123: i'm planning to go to the shop and have a look at both pedals, play around with it and see which one i prefer. thank you both for your help! :D

13. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

I just picked up a ME-70 yesterday. A friend of mine owned it and he just wasn't able to figure it out, so I gave him some normal pedals and a little cash and traded for it.

I love it!!! For me the Boss ME-70 has been very easy to learn and use. So far its the perfect multi fx pedal unit, better than anything I've ever tried before. I hated the older ones with those crappy LCD menus and difficult navigations.. the ME-70 just seems more intuitive.

I've not used any other Boss systems, but I for one have no desire to try a ME-25 or ME-50. The ME-70 is a keeper.

14. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Thanks Big_bend:grin: so my heart is now set on a ME70, but whether or not i'll be able to get one is another matter lol:)

15. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

gandsfjord: yes the ME70 does have the looper feature. :)
    fly135: i'm planning to go to the shop and have a look at both pedals, play around with it and see which one i prefer. thank you both for your help! :D

16. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

I might end up with both soon. My pedal board got large and nobody seems to notice anything except other musician's. I've used the ME-70 for a couple of gigs and nobody noticed again. My pedal board is over a grand and I can do everything with the ME-70.

17. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Man I'm loving my new ME-70! I too have a fully loaded nice pedal board, at least $1500 worth of gear.. and the $300 ME-70 does just as good really. Plus it has so many other cool features.

[​IMG]

Love this pic too.

18. Microbee

Microbee TDPRI Member

Thanks to everyone that helped.:)

19. doubbledeyed

doubbledeyed TDPRI Member

Go for the me 70
    you can activate individual effects on
    your patch.
    God bless

20. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity

The 70 is more intuitive to use, and more sturdy.
    I've been using and loving a ME-50 for the last
    8 years.
    If it ever croaks (which I doubt) I'll get a 70.

21. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

I played in a cover band with an older guitar player who used the ME-70 and a Roland Blues Cube amp. He said that at his age he was just done with hauling tube amps and a ton of effects boxes to gigs. This was a wedding cover band doing country, motown, funk, classic rock, etc. I was impressed with the versatility of the ME-70...it/he seemed to have the right sound as we went from one style to the next. They had the ME-70 for $199 on hellomusic.com a couple of weeks ago, and I am not sure how in the world I resisted the temptation to purchase it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.