Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Boss DM-2 Waza, MXR Carbon Copy VS TC Alter Ego V2, Flashback V2

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RustleFuzz, Oct 1, 2017.

1. RustleFuzz

RustleFuzz Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2007
    Nashville TN
    Have been trying to decided between getting the Boss DM-2 Waza or MXR CC. Really like the sound of both, but haven't come to a final decision. I have had a Boss DD5 on my board for years, and thought either of these would be a good compliment/replacement. Really dig the analog and tape style delay decays, I have a Belle Epoch on a smaller board and love the sound.

I noticed right now I could get a TC Alter Ego V2 or Flashback V2 (single pedal sized) for $99.

Just wondering, from those that might have used some or all of these, if I would be better off to just get the analog Boss or MXR, or if the TC digital emulations would hold up tonally? They are less money and have more options (bells/whistles), seem like a great value given all the delay flavors they offer, and seem simple to use. Do their delays sound authentic, or just OK?

The pedal, no matter which one, will be in front of the amp and not in a loop.

I play a Tele or Les Paul through a DRRI, and use a Fulltone OCD for most of my dirt. Generally play classic rock and blues styles.

The Belle Epoch isn't moving from the board it's on, so I am looking to get something else in a single pedal footprint for the other board.

2. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Pick up the alter ego, figure out which flavor you like. If the digital doesn't do it for you (I would be surprised but you never know) you can flip it and buy "the real thing" of the mode you like.

Also, you can't really go wrong, all great choices.

3. RustleFuzz

RustleFuzz Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2007
    Nashville TN
    That was kinda what I was thinking for the price, get the Alter and experiment w it as a taste tester. It takes me forever it seems to decide on pedal choices, just didn't want to blow a hundred bucks on a so-so pedal when I would be so close to just getting the Boss or MXR. From what I have been reading and hearing on sound samples/vid demos folks seem to really hold the TC in pretty high regard...and it does sound good from what I've listened to so far.

blille likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.