Boss 200 Series Effects

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dreamingtele, Jun 13, 2019.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Tele-Afflicted

NWinther likes this.
  2. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

They look rather nice and useful.

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

They look complicated. Is 200 how many hours it takes to dial one in if you are the type to not read manuals?

rob2, OlRedNeckHippy and schenkadere like this.
  4. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Great. And I was just getting caught-up financially also.

5. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Afflicted

can I just put 2 of the DD100's together and do pretty much the same thing and spend the extra dough on beer?

6. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Once again, I'm with you! They look really cool, but thank goodness I have no interest.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I'm very interested. I find Boss' stuff to be well designed and intuitive.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  8. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

Yes. Yes!
    I had a Rogue delay, my 1st delay pedal, and it was OK.
    But I longed for an upgrade, it being a Rogue and all...
    So I got the most popular digital delay on earth (so I thought), a used DD3!

After messing with it for 2 months and never really achieving what I wanted, I put the Rogue back on the board. I liked the Rogue better than the DD3.
    I know, I'm definitely in the minority.

Recently, a friend gave me a almost new Carbon Copy, for letting me store his gear in my basement for the past year.
    I love it! The rogue is gone, and the Carbon Copy has become an almost "always on" pedal.

The simplicity of the Carbon Copy is very attractive for me. I'm a singer that plays guitar, not a guitar player that sings.
    Simplicity is also part of why I love my 66 Princeton Reverb so much. Volume, Bass, Treble. Perfect!

9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

I replaced a Timeline with a DD500.

10. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I like my Carbon Copy, too. I sometimes imagine trying The Edge dotted eighth note thing, in which case I'd probably
    need a more sophisticated delay unit interface to make that easier to pull off on stage. But luckily I'm in a funk band so there's no
    call for delay shenanigans.

OlRedNeckHippy likes this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've heard lots of good reviews on the carbon copy. I like simple pedals, I think I probably miss out on some great sounding pedals due to my lack of interest in learning menu's and functions etc but there are plenty of simple pedals out there that sound great too. I just have a short attention span when it comes to turning knobs, learning functions etc.

I bought a Mobius a few years back but sold it due to frustration and time wasting trying to figure it out and dial everything in. It's not the first time I've wasted time and been left frustrated with some pedals so now I try to stick to simple 3 or 4 knob single function pedals.

Grandy and OlRedNeckHippy like this.
  12. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Mostly ( entirely?) a repackage of existing sounds but there's no menus, sub menus so not much to learn.
    Currently the delay, at least, is £219 at Andertons on pre order but typically Roland products go down a little a while after release, I'm guessing an eventual £199 price point in the UK will be tempting.

thefruitfarmer and Chunkocaster like this.
  13. Ecadad

Ecadad Tele-Holic

That DD200 is so tempting- I loved my DD20 to death, but the DD500 does too much that I would never use. I have an EHX Canyon that I love, especailly for the shimmer mode, but I wish it had the ability to save a few presets, and I do miss having a screen displaying the exact MS or BPM. But I love the size and sounds.

The DD200 looks like is has shimmer and you can save presets and you can dial in the exact MS/BPM that you want the delay to be and it's not very large- only 4 inches by 5.5 inches and a built in tap tempo and can add a second expression pedal and can quickly change the division of notes ... I may have to do it. It's like they took my old DD20 and added everything that I dig about the Canyon.

Anyone know what they'll be charging? And when will it come out?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  14. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Makes my rack fx look cool and so controllable. The future is rack if this is the future of pedals.

The whole over complicated pedal thing is getting out of hand. Who really needs to spend that much time with their ass crack in the air twiddling knobs. It’s just getting stupid.

I can have patches and fx block bypass just on 4 buttons and do everything these do and more.

15. Ecadad

Ecadad Tele-Holic

Why are you so bothered by how other guitarists get a certain tone? If you don’t like pedals, don’t use them, but why’ve you gotta complain about other folks tools, if you don’t even use them?

thefruitfarmer and JayFreddy like this.
  16. dreamingtele

Im curious as what you have found with the DD500 that made you switch.

Other folks I know went the other way and consider the Timeline as their best delay

JayFreddy likes this.
  17. dreamingtele

Me too.

The only thing I’m missing with the DD500 is Terra Echo mode. I dont use it all the time, but when i do, I love it.

I hate fiddling too, thats why I went from DD500 down to DD20. I dont need a million presets saved. The DD20 and the DD200 has only 4, which I think is enough for my needs.

The layout has some similarities with the DD20. I dont think I’ll spend countless hours reading the manual as i feel its very user friendly and boss always feels intuitive to use.

I’m very interested to the point that if it comes out and its less than the DD500 when the price has settled, I will buy it new.

Ecadad likes this.
  18. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

The DD500 affords a lot more flexibility. If it is your thing, you can really get deep into the programming with the editor. Plus, you can now use both presets in one bank at the same time. So you can setup BANK 1A with something and then Bank 1B with something else and use both at the same time. This means that not only do you have all the delays you could shake a stick at, but now it can also work as your chorus, flange, phaser, etc etc.

19. dreamingtele

I did this when I had a DD500. But it was also the sort of thing that I didnt imagine would be too much for my needs. So i sold it and went down to a DD20.

I have a copy of a google doc that has countless effects that I can program into it.

I looked back and realized I just needed something as easy as a DD7 but with presets and in the middle of a DD7 and a DD500.

I’ll get the DD200 when it comes out but I think Ill keep my DD20 as a collection piece.

artdecade likes this.
  20. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Holic

Is it really worthy to get let's say both the modulation and the dealy pedal instead of buying a Boss ms-3 ?

Only mod and delay 500 dollars

Boss ms-3 399 dollars with the benefit of so many other things.

The algorithm are the same so i can't see the benefit really....

FrontPU and thefruitfarmer like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.