Bojack Horseman on Netflix

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Feb 11, 2019.

1. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Any fans? My daughter turned me on to this show on Netflix.

It is dark, depraved, depressing, and funny as [expletive]. It's a cartoon, so be ready for that.

I love how they make fun of Hollywood. I love how they make fun of celebrities. I love how they make fun of pop culture. I love the classic references, the animal puns, and some of the characters are just beautifully written. Bojack's father, Butterscotch, cracks me up - bitter, angry, abusive, wildly racist, political, and yet funny. I would post some of his quotes, but they will just get me in trouble here on the TDPRI.

The funeral episode. "Mom, knock once if you want me to stop. No? OK, on we go..." OMG. OMG. OMG. And the ending to that episode. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Even signs, billboards, license plates, pictures, and books in the background are full of puns and suggestive language. You almost need to study scene by stopping playback to catch it all.

I saw on-line how in one episode Todd's fashion goes viral, then a few episodes later there are birds flying by in the background dressed like him. Attention to detail there that most people will miss. Hollywoo. That never went away, and continues to be funny. whattimeisitrightnow.com.

Yeah, some of it is stupid, and some of it goes too far - well, if you are easily offended, then most of it goes too far - but it is beautifully written and acted. However, the voices used are done perfectly.

I have started re-watching from the beginning. There is just so much I missed the first time through. The treehouse discussion about Butterscotch. And sailing to New York. Late picking Bojack up from soccer. Just. Wow.

My daughter changed her Netflix profile picture to Mr. Peanutbutter. I crack up every time I start Netflix.

OMG.

2. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Great show- I've seen them all and am excited when a new season comes up

3. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Love Bojack!

4. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

Just horsing around :lol:

5. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

I watched a little. I'll probably watch some more.

It's bizarre enough to appeal to me.

6. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

I think I fall into this category as well.

3fngrs likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.