Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Blueshawk blueprints?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by papaschtroumpf, Dec 1, 2015.

1. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2015
    Colorado
    Does anyone have blueprints for a Gibson or Epiphone Blueshawk?
    Looks like Santa is not going to bring me one after all, so I may have to take matters in my own hands, even though it'll cost me more in the end

[​IMG]

Interestingly the original Gibson one was made out of poplar, but Epiphone "upgraded" to maple.

The blueshawk has a fender style hard-tail bridge, I can probably use any strat hard-tail but do you guys know of some brand that looks closer to the original?

[​IMG]

The Gibson one came with Maestro tremolo option, so I might cosnider a bigsby

I'm wondering how to do the dummy coil, buy a 3rd cheap P90 and remove the magnets/poles? Or I could cheat and get hum cancelling P-90s (I hear the Fralin ones are great). Or maybe it's the prefect excuse to start winding my own.

Anyways, any bluesprints available?

2. mojoatomic

mojoatomic Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2011
    Horn Lake, MS

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

4. mojoatomic

mojoatomic Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2011
    Horn Lake, MS
    That's a lot closer than the one I posted, price is better as well -

5. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    A lot of First Act guitars have a bridge like that.

6. tokairic

tokairic TDPRI Member

May 15, 2017
    UK
    Did you build the Blueshawk? I think you will find the Epi used a mahogany body with a maple cap and flame veneer where the Gibson used a poplar body with solid flame maple cap, so the Epi is not an upgrade........

I am just about to build a Blues Hawk type myself, not a copy but in the style of so, - I will probably use a Fender hardtail bridge, fully hollow mahogany body and mahogany neck with clear cherry red nitro lacquer, flame maple top with tricolour burst and nitro lacquer, flame maple binding, ebony fretboard (24.75" scale), with a Gibson mini humbucker at the neck and a Classic 57 plus at the bridge. I am using the open book headstock but Custom (instead of Gibson) as a logo in the Gibson font style.

7. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2015
    Colorado
    Build is in process, it'll be fun to compare to the Epi

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.