Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Blues Junior cabinet plans

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by dman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Does anyone know where I could get plans for building a larger cab for a Blues Jr.?

Thanks in advance!

2. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Bump.

Anyone?

Someone????

3. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Thank you, Shepherd. I was beginning to feel like the Maytag repairman.

I'll check into that.

6. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

IDK of any plans out there, but you can measure the chassis, tubes' extension, and speaker clearance - then you could design and build one to fit what you need.

What are you planning on? A head? Larger/more speakers?

7. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

I just wanted a slightly larger cabinet with a bit more depth; I've read somewhere (maybe here) that it helps with the "boxiness" inherent in the Blues Jr. Even more than that, a cab made out of either pine or a good hardwood (I've got some nice cherry in the garage) would be better thatn the particle board they're made from...and look a lot purtier!

I figured I could design something, but I wanted to see what, if any, plans existed.

8. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Tele-Afflicted

I'd like to see something like a Blues Junior chassis in a Super Reverb cabinet BUT with only one 12. Or a 4x10 Blues Deville cab again with only one 12" speaker. I know this would sound good from an experiment I did at one time. Huge baffle board, maybe made of 1/4 or 5/16 inch ply, one twelve inch rippin speaker, and an open back.............look out Momma!!!!

9. No457 Snowy

No457 Snowy Tele-Meister

I reckon a Blues Jr would sound pretty good in one these cabs using a 12" and a 10". Nice looking cab too.

Big Cab

10. IggyT

IggyT Tele-Afflicted

blues jr a bit smaller tha deluxe

the blues Jr is a bit smaller than a tweed deluxe 1X12
    apologies for the poor phot quality but my Blues jr is sitting on top of a tweed deluxe I built to original size spec...also the Paisley cab top right is to original spec.
    they are a few inches wider...not sure if that translates to sonic difference though...
    iggy

Attached Files:

11. Frankie

Frankie Tele-Holic

12. Mars Hall

Mars Hall TDPRI Member

Mojotone makes a Bjr cab that is the same size as the 5E3 Tweed Deluxe cab. I plan on getting one someday for my Bjr. Here's an ebay seller that has them a little cheaper than Mojo, probably a volume discount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Narrow-P...749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item587ebd4705

If you are looking to get rid of that boxy tone, look up billm mods. He's a forum member here and on many gear related forums. He has some mods that take care of that boxy tone. It worked for me on mine and it's still in the original partical board cab.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.