Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Blues Brothers...classic movie but what's that amp??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Hendrixlvr, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Steve Cropper also used a Fender Harvard Tweed amp in a lot of Stax Recordings with those guys in the house band.. I think you can catch a glimpse of that in one scene

2. Senrik

Senrik TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Denmark
    dymo that is (hate auto spelling)

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This is one of the coolest threads ever. It will become part of the TDPRI lore.

Hendrixlvr likes this.

4. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Mar 17, 2003
    albany, ny [not chicago]
    Senrik, that's totally awesome! Thanks for posting the back story. That movie was part of my childhood, but I never paid attention to the backline until I saw this thread.

Do you know which scene? With the exception of the scene in Ray's Music Exchange, it looks like the other amps are BF Fenders. And in that scene, it looks like Matt Murphy is the one plugged into the tweed amp.

Hendrixlvr likes this.

5. Senrik

Senrik TDPRI Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Denmark
    I haven't noticed the Harvard amp, but I guess this is a good excuse for seeing the movie again.
    I think Matt Guitar Murphy is playing through the Pro amp in the scene in Rays Music Exchange, but I know the amp belonged to Dan Ackroyd and that he used it for his harp mic both in the movie and in live shows. I am planning to send him a letter with a picture of the amp and kindly ask him to verify the story.

Hendrixlvr likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.