Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

Blue guitars love them or hate them?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Southpole, Mar 30, 2017.

1. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Tele-Meister

May 26, 2017
    I've got my eye on this one on Reverb. All I need is about $598 more dollars!

Teleposer, Ooba Tooba, DougM and 7 others like this.

2. built4speed

built4speed Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2010
    I love them, I've had several over the years. This is currently the only one I have on hand, my second scratch build.
    20151208_193316.jpg .

3. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    I chose "Whale Blue" when I bought my PRS. I had settled on sunburst, but at the last moment decided the blue was more subdued (I didn't want too flashy...the bird inlays were more than enough).

But lately I swear the color is shifting/fading to a purple. Anyone else seen this? Maybe it's my eyes, but I've checked under all sorts of light and it seems more purple.

Obviously I don't mind a blue guitar, but I did not want a purple guitar! (That said, I'll live with it.)

4. michaelsegui

michaelsegui TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Woodstock, Ontario, CANADA

My old start... signed by RL Burnside and Honeyboy Edwards
    DougM, Zepfan, AngelDeville and 3 others like this.

5. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    Looks more charcoal than purple in that photo. But very nice guitar. I have a 2010 version.

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    Recently got a used PRS SE Singlecut in Royal Blue. It has excellent build quality. But, I'm not so impressed with the sound. I kinda like my CV bsb better which this was supposed to replace with. I am actually considering to return this and just keeep my tele.
    Chicago Slim, Zepfan, DougM and 3 others like this.

7. watercaster

watercaster Tele-Meister

Jun 28, 2010
    20150215_203317.jpg 20170411_203226.jpg DSCN3108.JPG DSCN3111.JPG How could you not love blue guitars? My first build about seven years ago, the telecaster. Second build is the surfy Telemaster. Blue is my favorite color!
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    boredguy6060, Zepfan, BC-Rush and 3 others like this.

8. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Holic

Jan 14, 2017

9. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Blues always sounds better on a blue guitar!
    viccortes285 likes this.

10. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    My first electric was a Daphne Blue Mustang in '65. Here's the two I have now, a Roadhouse with Texas Specials, and a Classic Player 60s with Custom Shop 69s. DSCN0636.JPG
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    zippofan, GGardner and Southpole like this.

11. Ooba Tooba

Ooba Tooba Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2017
    Toledo Ohio USA
    0DBF33AB-9DEF-46D1-BEEF-6ABDE9F174CB.jpeg A53164C1-3E7B-4058-8051-DF38354FFABD.jpeg 374EA72E-435E-45DE-A8CD-4ECBB3C8A4DC.jpeg My 2nd 1994 Fender Telecaster Plus in blueburst :cool:

12. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs

Count me in....
    zippofan, watercaster and DougM like this.

13. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Tele-Afflicted

Oct 19, 2005
    Bowling Green, KY
    My Gretsch G6120SHP, came from the factory as purple. But by the time I bough it, it had faded to blue.

14. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

E8CB503F-B68C-4623-BAC0-CF182DD5F289.jpeg The blue one has ov52 pick-ups.
    DougM and Southpole like this.

15. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    Sometimes I like blue when I first see it but grow tired of it quickly. Blue jeans would be an exception. This goes way past guitars to cars boats etc.

16. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Blue is the color I am planning for my next electric guitar. I will definitely want a transparent, not opaque, blue, with wood grains showing through.

More specifically, it will be a Logan Custom guitar, Bob Logan’s Challenger design, with his “Deep Blue” color, which is a transparent blue. I will want it to be a swamp ash body with pretty wood grains showing through. Fellow TDPRI member yakfishnick had Bob Logan make a S-style for him with a swamp ash body in this kind of finish. I hope Nick doesn’t mind me sharing a pic of his strat here to illustrate the color (though not the body style) that I’m talking about/GASing for…

17. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    That last pic, the guitar is beautiful.
    The first thing I thought was it was a Suhr, love the colour.
    I like most shades of blue, it’s probably not my favorite, but it’s right up there.
    But that guitar looks world class, gorgeous all around.
    watercaster likes this.

18. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I like them. Though I'm not a fan of the aged colors, with the yellowed clear coat. This lovely Ice Blue turns puke green, and the robin's egg blue (Daphne) turns into a bad surf green.

20171123_185557.jpg horns, checking w-flash.jpg

19. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I agree about the faded colors. I'd rather see them as they looked new in the 60s. Fender makes Sonic blue, LPB, and BM way tooo light and yellow right out of the factory. Fender Japan doesn't do that, but instead offer them in the proper darker non yellowed versions.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.